cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

travelling

Anonymous
Not applicable

so im going to be going to be doing some traveling in the next 3 months possibly outside uk  and i dont know what to do about my phone e.g calling and texting and wifi data  cause i want to be able to keep incontact with family and friends but the problem is im worried about my credit going and having no way to contact anyone is there anything i can do? 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93982 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Switch off mobile/cellular data and voicemail. Use wifi for data and your credit for calls and texts.

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93982 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Switch off mobile/cellular data and voicemail. Use wifi for data and your credit for calls and texts.

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 149374 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Buy a few top up vouchers before you go so you have spare credit regardless of your location.
As said, using wifi where possible will preserve your credit as much as possible.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 6

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Definitely switch off mobile data, if you're on payg then if I were you I'd try and use local SIMs as they'll usually be cheaper for data at least.

For texts and calls make sure you look up the prices of beforehand.

Oh and enjoy your travels, I'm a tad jealous 😀
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23991 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

Make sure your phone is unlocked and get a Three Pay & Go sim. Take a look on their site and look at the Feel At Home page. Lots of countries where there are no roaming charges, so you you can use the data you bought and text and call back to the UK using the tariff you take. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 149374 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
If you take the Three sim option make sure you store your card details on your account online as you will need to top up £20 each month and buy the all in one add on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 6