cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

terrible 02 service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I WAS CHARGED GBP 81.00 FOR THE NUMBER WHICH I NEVER USED. THE NUMBER HE SAID IS THE 118 - THE ACTIVE DIRECTORY.

I REQUUESTED THE STATEMENT AND THE STATEMENT SHOWS 48 CALLS TO 118 CHARGED@1.7 PER CALL & COSTED ME 81.00 WHICH IS REALLY ANNOYING. THE CALLS WERE MADE BETWEEN 12:56PM TO 13:00 HRS I.E. IN THE MATTER OF 4 MINUTES 02 CLAIMS THAT I CALLED 48 TIMES TO 118 AND EAXCH CALL FOR 8 SEC.

THE CUSTOMER SERVICES PEOPLE ARE REALLY VERY BAD AND THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. THEY ARE NOT EVEN TRYING TO CONNCET ME TO THE SUPERIORS ALSO

CAN SOME BODY HELP ME HOW TO APPROACH AND GET THIS SOLVED. I AM ON GBP 10.00 SIM SIMPLICITY AND I PAID 81.00 FOR THE NUMBER THAT I NEVER USED.

I REALLY APPRECIATED IF SOMEBODY HELPS ME TO RESOLVE THIS.

REGARDS
VINAY

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure that they are quite aware of what they're doing and not connecting you to a superior because the fact of the matter is that if you have calls to directory enquiries on your bill then the calls WILL have come from your sim card/account. Try to think if anyone else maybe used your phone without you knowing.
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93346 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure that they are quite aware of what they're doing and not connecting you to a superior because the fact of the matter is that if you have calls to directory enquiries on your bill then the calls WILL have come from your sim card/account. Try to think if anyone else maybe used your phone without you knowing.

Have you read what he is saying. Because if you have then you should see that it is impossible to make 48 calls of 8 sec each in 4 minutes.
simply maths should show them that you can't make 48 calls of 8 sec each in 4 minutes. 48x8 = 384 sec = 6 Minutes and 40 sec. in total without delay, ringing of redial times added on top of this etc. ie. impossible.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you read what he is saying. Because if you have then you should see that it is impossible to make 48 calls of 8 sec each in 4 minutes.
simply maths should show them that you can't make 48 calls of 8 sec each in 4 minutes. 48x8 = 384 sec = 6 Minutes and 40 sec. in total without delay, ringing of redial times added on top of this etc. ie. impossible.

Yep, I've read it and I'd be more inclined to believe he's read his bill wrong.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Especially, because there is a minimum charge of 1minute. And dialling 118 would need the next three digits to be a valid number.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Directory Enquiries is £1.50 a minute. If these calls were made over the space of four minutes, that should equal £6.

If Directory Enquiries charge £1.50 minimum per call, that would be £72. Not a million miles away, but not £81. Go on to your itemised bill and click the "Cost" button at the top next to where it says "Date Time Destination". Chances are, you haven't looked at your bill correctly.

If you have done this and it is still showing £81 for just these calls, call O2 back and ask them to do a Network Investigation as it would likely have been an intermittent problem with the network itself that would have caused it.
Message 7 of 7