cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still receiving bills from o2 for a phone i never had

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi 

In 2014 some used my name and address to obtain a phone in my name i had reported it to the police and o2 .they passed it on to their fraud who  said yes my name and address was was used to obtain goods and services from o2

and that they therefore closed the account and dissassociated me from it

14.2.15 got a nice wee letter saying i owe them £970.88 and that they have transferred it to a dept collector .nice one o2 .i cant wait to my contract finishes on my own account with o2 i will not be dealing with o2 again you need to get this sorted .i will not be paying for something i never had

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

It seems to me that the account was not closed at the time. Can you please ring 202 so that they can pass your details back to the fraud team that will stop the collections agency from contacting you, remove that charge so that you don't ow anything and pass your details over so that the default is removed from your credit file. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 9 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Pass copies of any police records you have, with copies of any letters from O2, to the debt collectors and inform them of the situation, also contact customer services and raise an official complaint as this has probably already ruined your credit report.
Message 2 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Hopefully you've got some form of written correspondence from O2 confirming the fraud on your account. Have you been paying for this phone on your monthly bills or is this the first you have heard of the demand for payment?

Message 3 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122982 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

This all seems ridiculous to me. They disassociated you from the account in 2014. How can they possibly expect you to pay for something you have never owned or signed for which they agreed was fraudulently purchased?

Seems one department is unaware of what the other dept and the fraud team have agreed.

As said by others I do hope you have a paper trail to prove this....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Anonymous Please be aware that this is a customer to customer forum. You need to contact O2 using the advice given to you in the previous posts to this one. The links for those contacts are in jonsie's signature and at the bottom of this page.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 20

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Now be honest......does this fiasco come as any surprise to any of the regulars here ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
In a word? No.

Hence why I am about to take my contracts away from o2
Message 7 of 20

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

No surprise at all, we've seen how O2 look after our data and personal information.

Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

It seems to me that the account was not closed at the time. Can you please ring 202 so that they can pass your details back to the fraud team that will stop the collections agency from contacting you, remove that charge so that you don't ow anything and pass your details over so that the default is removed from your credit file. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 9 of 20

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

You make it sound so simple @Anonymous but we all know that in reality, nothing is as straight forward as it seems with O2....:smileywink:

Message 10 of 20