cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*shakes head, Sony just shafted the world.

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-Xperia-Z4v-hands-on_id70637

No qhd
No qhd
No qhd

Oh look ANOTHER z3+/z4 variant. This one comes with 2k display.

Sony, if by any small miracle you are reading my post here, stop screwing your own business over by confusing the planet, stop giving different,no, major different hardware between devices and stop fragmenting your own lines.
You've gone from tech innovators to laughing stock in one simple hardware revision.
Why not put qhd in all the new models and just call it z4????
Idiots!!!!!

Oh and by the way, I probably would have had one, but you decided to play corporate suicide roulette instead.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Well now see....I read your comments...and then went on to read the review you linked to....

If what you say is true.... then the review must have been written by someone who markets Sony phones. It was very positive about the Z4v....

Having said that, there was one section that really confused me. You have always rated the camera on your Z3....the reviewer made this comment .....

"Thus far, Sony’s cameras haven’t lived up to expectations. With the Z4v, it’s packing a long a monster sized 20.7-megapixel Exmor RS sensor, which can achieve a very high ISO – making it handy for those low light situations". (inferring that the camera on this model is vastly superior to others)

So I admit to being a tad confused...but as it's 1 am that's probably the reason...Hero

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I was a bit confused by the camera comments tbh, because unless the new sensor is in it, it's the same camera...
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Same sensor since the Z1 innit ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 9

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yup 20.7 mpix exmor, wouldn't surprise me though if they did give verizon the new sensor
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Yeah, quite possible......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Yep the review is for Verizon,  so nothing to say this will be the same European version.

Message 7 of 9

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's not, the eu and rest of the world got the z3+ with it's cpu update only.
Only verizon got the true z4
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
It's not, the eu and rest of the world got the z3+ with it's cpu update only.
Only verizon got the true z4

Which is probably why I found the review contradictory to your statement ...obviously he was testing the 'better model'...which we wont get here

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9