Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam call from 0344 809 0202

looby99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have just been scammed by caller from 0344 809 0202 with heavy indian accent. Saying i was gettig discount on my account and would be sending me 2 texts, one warning about scam and another with code to confirm ID. As number was from O2 like a chump i went along with it and provided security question so they then changed my password on account which i thankfully realised and have hopefully got O2 to cancel the new iphone they have ordered for me!

Unbelieveable they can do it from genuine customer service number

BE AWARE

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I think O2 should put that fraud alert highlighted in red on the My O2 landing page within the app and on line

If we're directly sending customers a warning via text not to share the code with anyone who called them (no searching or internet required) and the advice to hang up is ignored, it's feasible to assume the same warning would be ignored if it was shown in these other locations too?

Scams of all kinds are a problem across the industry as a whole and we do all we can to limit the impact to customers - such as blocking scam URL's as soon as we receive the report and validate it, to ensure if others click it then they'll stay safe. Some of the issues the industry faces seems difficult to resolve so we're making it as difficult as possible for scammers to win by implementing measures such as pre-OTAC warnings to tell customers if someone called them asking for a code, to hang up because it's a scam.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 11 of 22

anthony100uk
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

plz add this number as well, i too had a call and very nearly gave the passcode they sent but what stopped me was that i couldnt understand what he was saying and it was lunch time for me.

0330 220 4401

i have repoted this to 02 but now i seem to be getting fake 02 txt messages when ever i try to change my password 

be aware of txt from 02 ( this is what i think)

02UK -   genuine 

02 UK - Fake take note of the space 

Message 12 of 22

splloydie
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had exactly the same call this afternoon but from 0344 809 0002. I also received the 2 text messages. When he asked me to read the 6 digit code, I said I was busy and would call O2 later. He rang off. I then called O2 (with about a 20 minute to be answered!) who confirmed it was a scam call.

Message 13 of 22

Ccxxxcx
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why is the number on there official website and send u codes u idiot 

Message 14 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

ChristinaBurge
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to make people aware, I just has this exact scam. Heavy Indian accent, call apparently coming from a genuine o2 number. I googled while the guy was talking as all of my alarm bells were ringing, told him I knew it was a scam, and hung up.

He had the cheek to call me back!

Message 16 of 22

Manfa01
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Iv had that today it's been ordered and sent to my home today and they are telling me they'll collect tomorrow iv told them to so one I'm now stressing because I phoned a number on o2 site then on Google it says its a fraud number so I'm stressing outt I'm stressed without this I'm grieving and my family are going through a very tough state right now the last I need is to worry about money and losing it and being scammed

Message 17 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144306 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Manfa01 

Correct numbers for O2 are found easily here https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 22

almostscammed
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got a call today as well, He knew my address, birth date, full name, and even the security name that is registered with O2, Like what the hell? His accent was British as well 

Message 19 of 22

Truthsayer4u
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Disgusting people. They are lower than sewer cleaners. They are no better than the ones that work for O2. It wouldn't surprise me if it's the same people. YOU PAY PEANUTS, YOU GET  MONKEYS. vile beasts 

Message 20 of 22