cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay up front for life cancelled by o2!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had a "pay up front for life" contract for many years. Without notice or regret, O2 have changed it to a £35 per month contract. The reason given is a change to a new computer system causing it to "lose" some or all of the Pay up front contracts!!
Can they legally breach the contract?
Has anyone else suffered this?
Message 1 of 159
158 REPLIES 158

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had a recent long arguement with O2. Obviously they want to 'lose' all their customers who are still on puffl. This was introduced when BT needed a quick injection of funds and they were happy to take our money then. The outcome of my arguement is an agreement that I can keep my tariff but I must provide my own phone. Their manager assured me that the agreement was 'pay up front for the life of the phone'!!! As I have been given 3 upgrades over the last 7 years this is obviously complete rubbish. Fortunately I still have all the original paperwork - so if they try to take away my tariff I will contact OFTEL immediately and suggest everyone else does the same.
Message 21 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
Linda - it may be of wider help to many PUFL customers, if you could scan the original wording of the contract (oblating any personal details) and post them up on here using say Photobucket or a similar web hosting. If of course you are able to.
Kind regards - Ted.
Message 22 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
I still have the original packaging from my first phone on puffl, The 'call charges explained' card states clearly for the monthly subscription 'paid for life'. This clearly indicates the life of the person, not the phone nor the sim card. The contract with BT just indicates 'pay up front for life'. I opted for the 200 minutes evening and weekend and this is clearly stated as inclusive minutes. (or 50 minutes anytime - paid for life). I will happily photocopy, or scan a copy of this 'call charges explained' for anyone in conflict with O2.
Message 23 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great news from sioux69 that you have been given a commitment to continue with no fees. However i would be concerned that your agreement with them will fall by the way side and O2 have managed to get you to 'agree' to give up your puffl. My case is exactly the same word for word as sioux69 describes. I am going to continue to pursue my case with O2 and then to Offcom. At the moment 02 are refusing to give me a deadlock letter, which is what i need to refer this to offcom, as they do not believe they have done anything wrong. And they have barred my phone again! They are insisting that i received a letter about this last year but this letter mentioned nothing about changing my contract in this way, only that their billing system had changed - very underhand!

It is very interesting that some of the contributors here are being 'allowed' to keep their puffl tariffs?? Does anyone have a view on this?

May i also suggest that as well as contacting Offcom other unhappy puffl customers also register their complaint on the BBC Watchdog website - if enough of us do this maybe the BBC will feature our case.

Keep posting everyone! And if anyone can post an original T&C that would be good!
Message 24 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have started a new web forum on this topic where members can also post files:

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/puffl

I have uploaded a copy of the letter i received from 02 last year, where they allegedly informed my that my puffl was being canceled!
Message 25 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am pleased to tell you that after many letters and phone calls O2 have today confirmed that they will keep me on PUFFL tariff.
Message 26 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh...gosh... I haven't used my Pay Upfront For Life Net 50 for a while. How can I check whether I am still on this tariff without speaking to the customer service?
Message 27 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe you should try making a short phone call and see what happens!
Message 28 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lynda have sent you e mail
Message 29 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi,has anyone had issues using GPRS/WAP on the PUFL deal?

o2 advise me that i cannot use GPRS/WAP since i'm on a "very old deal" - think that this is blatant discirmination .
Message 30 of 159