Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oppo reno 5g update

raycon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's been ages since Oppo released the Android 10 update for oppo reno 5g, O2 what's happening?
When are you planning to release it?

Thank you,
A disappointed customer.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Chris_K ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 25

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@raycon

From what i can understand, oppo have had some major delays on pushing the Android 10 and there a lot of unhappy customers across the globe.

I would recommend having a read here https://community.coloros.com/ as this is Oppo's official forum.

Just so you know the release is supposed to be in batches starting in June for the Reno 5G

I would ask them direct if they and when it is due.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 25

raycon
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am aware of that, but other carriers already released the update:

https://comunidad.movistar.es/t5/Soporte-Móvil/Nuevo-firmware-disponible-Oppo-Reno-X10-Zoom-5G/td-p/...

I just want to know if O2 has the update and if it plans to release it any time soon.

Thanks
Message 4 of 25

raycon
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Who is exactly responsible for pushing the update for this phone? in other EU countries the update was pushed months ago, not in June.
So nobody knows anything, does anything, doesn't care.
If I contact the customer service on O2 they're clueless as those on Oppo's side.
I think O2 should just leave a robot on the customer service and fire everyone because that would be good for business and it wouldn't make any difference to the customer
Message 5 of 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I will tag @Chris_K to the post @raycon 

He will have more info.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 25

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@ryacon

This is on the @oppomobileUk twitter feed (they might be worth a follow);

"Unfortunately COVID-19 has impacted the progress of our joint testing with operator partners, meaning we've had to postpone the release of system updates. Our R&D team is working with partners to speed up the test and strive to provide system updates as soon as possible."

Also they provide this information, which means Oppo are managing the release centrally,

Hey

For all queries regarding system updates please call our customer service hotline on 0800 029 4603 or email us at support.uk@oppo.com

Message 7 of 25

raycon
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Please stop spamming, the lastest tweet from Oppo Mobile UK regarding updates was in May, announcing the update schedule for June (oppo reno 5g was among the models that was supposed to be updated).
So if anyone has any information about who exactly is responsible for updating the O2 version please share.

Thanks
Message 8 of 25

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@

raycon

We are trying to help you...  

OPPO are responisble for updating your handset and Oppo have suspended all updates...

Capture.JPG

Message 9 of 25

raycon
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you but you are not helping me.
That was a reply for someone asking about a different model that wasn't even scheduled yet for update.
Don't take things out of context.
the unlocked versions got the update, including UK.
It's only O2 left to aproove or check or.. I don't know.. what else O2 puts on top of ColorOS.
Message 10 of 25