cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 suprises - WELL THEY CERTAINLY DO THAT!

Normal_person
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

o2 hmmm, I have been with them for years, I have 2 phones and have NEVER missed a payment or been late. I asked for an additional phone today and they putme through a credit check and because they messed up they failed me but they took the money from my bank for the new phone!

If my credit is so bad how the hell did I get 2 other phones?

So o2 now take money from you, don't give you a phone and make it very difficult and long winded to speak to someone to recover my money......

Loyalty - hmmmm do you know what that word means or is that for brand new customers only!

Just got a really good comparision deal from Orange - Future's bright!!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes people are allowed contracts and then something happens along the line and then they can not be accepted. It happens.

Some people try a shop to open a contract and get turned down only to return a week or so later and all goes through !

Or they try an independent only to be accepted.

Credit
Checks show them what's currently happening with what your applying for and then they make the decision to allow the deal or not.

If they have taken the cash for the phone then they will return it. Speak to 202 customer services.

So ok they won't allow another contract but is that justification enough to want to cancel. Up until them saying no I assume you've been pretty much happy with the service.

Perhaps take a step back, calm down and try later in down the line would be my advice.
Message 2 of 17

Normal_person
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I understand that but why take the money - I would have thought do the check, if passed take money.

A bank doesn't give you money then do a check and ask for it backdo they?

😞

Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I totally agree that funds should not have been taken from your account until you had been accepted.

However funds being taken does not mean you have passed the checks.

I assume you have spoken to customer service and they are arranging for the return if the funds.
Message 4 of 17

Normal_person
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
See the thing is it's all one way and thats what gets me, they take money quick enough so why can't they give it back as quick....I think they want all the cake and eating it all.
I don't trust companies or people that take before they check and if it was outside a company I am sure it would be in some sort of way wrong. Taking money like that is just disrespectful no matter how you look at it. It's different when they want money and they don't get it in a certain time - they send the heavy mob round!
Message 5 of 17

Normal_person
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

"However funds being taken does not mean you have passed the checks." - I know this so why take the money in the first place, if they said sorry you have failed the checks then fair enough but to take money as well - its rude! I have spoken to customer service and all they say is it can take upto 5 working days to get it back......it's wrong!

Message 6 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144632 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions
I assume this was done online?
When I have taken contracts in store they always credit check first before taking any money, don't they?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I appreciate your frustration.

You can if you wish compile your compliant here via the official process.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Message 8 of 17

Normal_person
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Complaints achieve nothing, it's a simple fact that they shouldn't do it. I'm sick of companies thinking they can do what they want because they can. In my world you don't take anything unless you can pay for it and you don't take money unless you give what is being paid for. It's very simple and the process is wrong. On line rubbish where some halfwit thought it would be a good idea to take some money then give it back a week later! - Don't worry about the customer, who cares what they think?
Message 9 of 17

Normal_person
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If anyone is reading this- GO INTO A STORE AND DO THE CHECK THERE AND THEN......o2 have no idea what is important to some people...joke!
Message 10 of 17