cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 signal issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
i live in a huge big city with masts everywhere, and have always had issues on both 2g and 3g, well 3g is very patchy here, without the normal excuses can o2 tell me if there will ever be an end to the problem, since they are a huge network and "o2 is thinking of you" thing maybe something can be done, maybe everything everywhere nicked more spectrum than allowed lol
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Long wait for official input as these forums are just us customers.
But o2 spend £1.25 million on network improvment each day
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
i live in a huge big city with masts everywhere, and have always had issues on both 2g and 3g, well 3g is very patchy here, without the normal excuses can o2 tell me if there will ever be an end to the problem, since they are a huge network and "o2 is thinking of you" thing maybe something can be done, maybe everything everywhere nicked more spectrum than allowed lol

3G is a problem for everyone, the more people that use it the smaller the footprint of the cell (it shrinks with useage), 2G should be much better for calls, though if you are having problems then its always a good idea to reboot the handset, it can give you a better signal straight away wink
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
my problem is in my house. i get a reasable signal out side but in the house its total rubbish. none or very little signal. but aparently its not o2s problem as the signal to the outside of the house is ok. but 3network and vodaphone network work find 😞 when paying a contract. and having to buy a wifi router just to be able to use it properly is a bit rubbish. does any one else have this kind of problem ??
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
my problem is in my house. i get a reasable signal out side but in the house its total rubbish. none or very little signal. but aparently its not o2s problem as the signal to the outside of the house is ok. but 3network and vodaphone network work fine 😞 when paying a contract. and having to buy a wifi router just to be able to use it properly is a bit rubbish. does any one else have this kind of problem ??

The issue you have is called attenuation, radio signals find it quite hard to penetrate buildings, the higher the frequency the worse it is for penetration and the further you are from the cell the weaker the signal, the chances are your quite far from an O2 mast but you get the good reception outside, the voda/3 masts may be closer so the signal has not degraded as much over the shorter distance so those dont suffer from as much attenuation due to a stronger signal.
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
acording to the internet and the searches I have done o2 masts are closer than the others. but its a shame but as i use my phone for work purpose the company want me to change networks. as not receiving emails and lac of internet is not much use to them or me.
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an iPhone 4 and in Canterbury, will sometimes get a 3G signal in the street. More often than not, I have a GPRS signal which unfortunately does not allow you to use internet, e.mail or apps.
I also have problems with voice calls. People are telling me quite often that they ring me, but the call goes straight to voicemail. I went into an O2 shop and asked about it, the best that they could offer was to increase the length of ringtone, which did nothing.
The voice clarity is verty suspect as well, in fact, if I use speaker phone, the other party complain that I am breaking up.
The O2 coverage map shows excellent indoor and outdoor coverage for this area. I have tried talking to Customer Services. You get asked to reset your phone, then take the sim card out and wipe it.
I am going to get a sim card from 3 to see if it improves. If it does it will be bye bye O2.
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Honestly this is becoming ridiculous. For the last 6 months i rarely got phone calls and texts inside my house (i live in covent garden, how more centrally can i be?) but as soon as i text myself?? or go outside tata! i have signal. I am currently on an iphone 4 but i have tried several phones and i am not the only one with this problem. my flatmate as well.. Hope O2 do something soon because it's becoming really annoying Smiley Mad
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know what happened, but this weekend, for the first time ever, I got a 3G signal IN MY HOUSE.
It lasted for about 18 hours, then reverted back to the normal GPRS.
Come on O2, you have now proved that you can do it, so all you have to do is keep it up.
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an iPhone 4 and in Canterbury, will sometimes get a 3G signal in the street.

The signal in Canterbury is SHOCKINGLY bad!!!! At the present, Canterbury is the only city that exists in Kent and you can't even get a reliable signal! :mansurprised:
I bought a cheap Sony Ericsson G502 recently, stuck a Three SIM in there and use that to remain permanently logged into Skype over their network. My signal remains solid regardless of what part of the county I'm visiting.
So basically, my cheap £10 Three phone is more reliable than my £40 a month Smartphone on O2.
Message 10 of 12