cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 has placed a default on my credit history in 2010 with out any notice

Anonymous
Not applicable
i recently done a credit check on my financial history and i have noticed it has placed a default on my account. i joined o2 pay monthly in december 2008 , in june 2010 i transferred over to pay as you go using the same phone number . On my credit check its showing my o2 account to be in arrears from july 2010 to november 2010 then the default was placed on my account on december 2010. To my recollection i never recieved any letters of the outstanding balance of £6.00 or a default notice for the account. How can o2 put a default on my account with out a notice and why where there no letters or dd for the outstanding balance ? I feel i have been unfarely treated by o2 and with this default on my account i am struggling financially as my credit score is low . In my contract i have always paid my bills , my actual contract was £29.79 a month .

who will i need to speak to , to sort this out ?

regards mark
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If you use the search this is a common problem.

Contact o2 and ask for an explination if the money is owed pay it and ask o2 to mark it satisfied.

Did you get a zero bill before canceling any payment method like a dd as this is usually the cause

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If you use the search this is a common problem.

Contact o2 and ask for an explination if the money is owed pay it and ask o2 to mark it satisfied.

Did you get a zero bill before canceling any payment method like a dd as this is usually the cause

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly this isn't a one off. If you search these forums the same thing has happened to quite a few people. I believe it could be because you may have cancelled the direct debit when you ended your contract just before the final bill was taken. That doesnt esxcuse the lack of contact before the default though...have you moved house at all?

Have a look at this thread as I believe they were able to get he problem resolved:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/WARNING-o2-Default-credit-error-stopping-our-mortg...

I hope you get it sorted...especially for the sake of £6!!

Flagging the post though because of account information

Message 3 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It's not that surprising people are victims of identity theft is it, when they post their full name and account number on a public web site? Smiley Surprised

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Link isn't working for some reason for me?

Works ok for me jonsie on Firefox, Win 7.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for replying 

i lived with my father at the time and he still lives there now  , nothing was ever recieved , no dd's no letters of outstanding balance , i only transferred over to pay as you go so o2 have no excuse that they couldnt get in contact with me as the number was still the same .

i have had a look through this forum and i have now  placed an email with credit file referrals team. 

do they need to send you a notice before defaulting the account? is it law they need to inform you ? or can they do it as they see fit ?

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont see my account number on this ?my name but no account number??? 

Message 8 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i dont see my account number on this ?my name but no account number??? 

I flagged your post to the administrators of the forum because you had put your account number, etc in your post. Its not a good idea to leave this sort of information on the forum as it makes it easier for people to commit fraud.

Message 10 of 18