cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 e mail and windows 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just bought a new windows 10 laptop for my dad and he has an O2 e mail address. He moved his brodband to Sky when they took over 02 broadbadn and later  to BT. The problem is that I cant get the windows mail programme on the laptop to recognise his e mail and password. The password and e mail address are correct as I have set it up on my phone. I have also managed to set up my BT email on his new laptop.Anyone got a solution. Its doing my head in. any help would be appreciated

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

O2 email started to be discontinued in Sept 2013 unless you moved to Sky. Probably Windows 10 won't recognise it now as it isn't supported . We have been advising customers to set up a new email account for a few months. If you are having problems it is probably better to forget O2 email and start with something new...

Edited to add.... my husband ran Win 10 and we have a BT email address. It worked fine

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What app / client are you using for the o2 email address?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3