cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 automatic log out resolved

Anonymous
Not applicable

After years of complaining about getting logged out automatically I was finally told it was 'something o2 does'! and it can't be changed. If enough people complained the bright sparks who decided to control our webmail security without asking us might change the stupid system. I added windows live mail and have no problem now. No wait!! The guru in the o2 shop said he transfered all my o2 email contacts over but in fact it was only the names. Can anyone tell me how to get my contacts in the o2 address book over in full to windows live mail contacts.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That's the one reason I won't use O2 web mail, I don't know of any way of moving the contacts, sorry.

I'm gradually moving my main email use over to Gmail which allows IMAP and is much safer to use.

Seriously if you don't have to use O2 Mail then don't.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

from webmail use online address book > settings > export address book then on your other email provider use import

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems ridiculous really considering the level of technology progression in the world. Thanks anyway.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will try that regardless of another suggestion that it can't be done. No harm trying. Thanks

Message 5 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Will try that regardless of another suggestion that it can't be done.

Sorry about that of course you can move them, I tried to edit but the fourm wouldn't let me.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't understand why only the names transfered over to windows live mail contacts and not the email addresses. Also when I type in the recipients name only the name comes up. have tried to transfer address book over but nothing seems to happen. Oh well. I guess its phoning an o2 guru yet again and treck through windows live mail support again which doesn't have the appropiate info. Thanks anyway.

Message 7 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I have just exported and then opened up the csv and all my contacts details are there names email telephone etc

Perhaps it is a mapping issue on the import to live mail

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for advice

Message 9 of 9