cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 are blocking my website- help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

i help run an app review site called www.mobiobie.com we review smartphone apps etc, yet it seems we have been flagged by o2 as inappropriate as when some one tries to visit us on o2, an o2 page comes up asking for age verification.

We do not have anything inappropriate on the site at all, we just post reviews of games and apps- there arent even any swear words!! We actually pride ourselves on keeping our site and forums clean.

Our url is www.g4m3ov3rapps.com and also www.mobiobie.com (the old url, i believe is simply what the site was called previously and we still use that registration).

I have called o2 a few times and they always put me through to a department that always rings then cuts off,

If anyone can help that would be great, as we have had a few people in the uk on o2 ask us what the problem is.

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Those URLs goto different sites?

I would use the contact details for O2 from the O2 corporate site, rather than the consumer site.
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
no they go to the same site, i will try the corporate number, thanks
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, i spoke to someone at o2 he basically said that there is nothing they can do, and its up to each individual customer to get age verified. I said that there is nothing on the site whatsoever that needs an age rating at all, but they wouldnt even take a look at it.
Ive had over 70 complaints about it from our visitors- am i really supposed to say to them 'go give o2 your credit card details so you can access our site'

I kept asking why it had been flagged as needing age verification all they would say is 'maybe its a gambling site or something like that'.
i said 'if the o2 website doesnt need verifiction then niether does ours as the content is as inoffensive'
He then said 'maybe its a mistake on our part'
so i said 'ok well will you have a look at it?'
he said 'no its up to individual customers'
i said 'how can it be up to the customers if you are wrongly blocking my site?'
he said 'its up to the customers'

madness :robotmad:
Message 4 of 14

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions
I'm pretty sure the age verification will only affect people using mobiles to visit your site.

Is it suitable for 5 year olds?

Anyway, there is a problem on your site with the recent tweets section on the LHS, it contains this error message

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/g4m3ov3r/domains/g4m3ov3rapps.com/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/wordtwit/html/twitter.php on line 4

I'm using FF 3.6.6
#siwy
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes it only stops some people on mobiles, but as we are a mobile app review site thats kind of a problem lol
Well im happy that my daughter of 7 has been looking on the site, so i guess any 5 year old that is intersted in the latest smartphone apps wont be offended my any content! grin
Yes the twitter feed is a little haywire at the moment but the site is due a major facelift over the next few weeks so that will be sorted in due course
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
no they go to the same site, i will try the corporate number, thanks

For me, the first one goes to some open source Palm Pre / Linux software directory and the second goes to your site.
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why are you uploading copyrighted material onto your site from other sites? That is just stealing their hard researched and wrote work.

http://www.frost.com/prod/servlet/marke ... =191014927

When you go down to older posts, your Apple v HTC dispute was copied from BGR:
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/06/ ... ainst-htc/

Not to mention much, much more stories from your site. It's a disgrace that you're doing that.
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, first of all, we CREDITED bgr on the apple v htc article, just as they credited techcrunch on the article on thier website for the piece. We have a good relationship with both bgr and techcrunch- if we had done something to upset them, then believe me they would have told us!

as for the 3ff sim article, as far as i know that was a guest post, if it has been copy/pasted then it will be removed.

I can only speak for the articles i have posted myself, as SBurns on the site which were written after many hours of work both in reviewing the apps and in the posting of those articles.

to say we regularly breach copyright, when we were the only site to stand up against sites that were posting applications and copied games for free, and also had two of the pirate sites shut down, is just wrong.
If you found a post that looked like that why did couldnt you have contacted us through the site and it would have been dealt with, rather than come on here and acuse us of stealing?
Ah well, thats forums for you lol

Wow, from finding out about o2 blocking us to having to defend the site on here, my short experience with o2 has been, well terrible.

I wish i hadnt come here!

😞
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, first of all, we CREDITED bgr on the apple v htc article, just as they credited techcrunch on the article on thier website for the piece. We have a good relationship with both bgr and techcrunch- if we had done something to upset them, then believe me they would have told us!
as for the 3ff sim article, as far as i know that was a guest post, if it has been copy/pasted then it will be removed.
I can only speak for the articles i have posted myself, as SBurns on the site which were written after many hours of work both in reviewing the apps and in the posting of those articles.
to say we regularly breach copyright, when we were the only site to stand up against sites that were posting applications and copied games for free, and also had two of the pirate sites shut down, is just wrong.
If you found a post that looked like that why did couldnt you have contacted us through the site and it would have been dealt with, rather than come on here and acuse us of stealing?
Ah well, thats forums for you lol
Wow, from finding out about o2 blocking us to having to defend the site on here, my short experience with o2 has been, well terrible.
I wish i hadnt come here!
😞

I am not part of O2, so your experience has certainly not be damned in the O2 check box.
I have contacted BGR and TechCrunch to confirm the authenticity of you being able to steal articles slight_smile

And uh, also: you say that about the ATT sim card thing , it was posted by a guest and no one in relation to your website? The poster of the ATT thing (http://i26.tinypic.com/2vl33v8.png) was TheTech.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2yjo6jd.png

I didn't come on here to solely accuse you. Maybe O2 decided to block your website because you copied slight_smile
Message 10 of 14