Did you mean: 

o2 Status Checker Comment

iar1980
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi

I have noticed according to o2 and Vodafone's mast share agreement, o2 will be maintaining Scotland, Northern Ireland and the East of England along with North London, and vodafone will be looking after Wales, West of England and South London.

When i go onto the Live Status Checker Page, o2 only give information of planned maintenance in the respective areas of their agreement, but not in the area where vodafone are looking after their's (i.e. west of England etc).

Any time work is planned in the area i live in (West Midlands) i only get the information off vodafone's network coverage page or by phoning o2 customer service. This information is never shown on o2's Live Status Checker Page.

My question is, has anybody else noticed this, and why do i have to visit a rival network providers page to get information instead of the site of the provider i am paying services for?

Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

In reply to phone mast decomissioned, this is not the case, all the phone masts are still live, i checked with the networks team who confirmed the locations and site refs of the phone masts along with telling me which phone mast is 4g and which is not.

Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I feel your frustration. 😞

If You have home broadband their is Tugo for contract customers ,which connects to wifi.

And Viber and What's app too which need to have been downloaded by the recipient.

I know this is only a workaround but thought I'd mention the above anyway. slight_smile

I hope you get sorted as quickly as possible.

Take care. slight_smile
Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
@iar1980 Simple truth is you can't believe a word O2 say. I live within sight of an O2 mast and some months ago I noticed engineers working at it. My mobile was getting no signal so I got in touch with O2 who denied any knowledge of work being carried out on the mast. When it works O2 is as good as the best, but they just do not understand the concept "customer service".
Hope you get sorted out soon.

Gerry
Message 13 of 19

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Thanks for the encouragement folks. It's all getting a tad frustrating that's all. We live in a world of communication, and basic communication is lacking from a provider that provides communication. Sorry for the pun, but I will continue to keep a track of it and continue to bug the networks team and customer services to ensure they eventually get something done.
Message 14 of 19

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Returned from work at 5pm to have a shock, 4g is available readily in every part of my house (indoor), dbm strength varrying from (-94dbm to -110dbm) and not dropping off either.

In my back garden (outdoor) strength varries from (-87dbm to -100dbm) and not dropping off either.

Ran 2 speed tests, one indoor and one outdoor,

Indoor speed test gave me 22mbps download & 12mbps upload (-97dbm strength)

outdoor speed test gave me 34mbps download & 16mbps upload (-91dbm strength)

the best i ever recorded outdoors was 13mbps download and the signal used to drop off.

the best i ever recorded indoors was 11mbps download and the signal used to come and go.

I am delighted with this, and i will contact customer service soon to find out whether they have either turned on another mast to 4g or they have improved a current 4g phone mast.

Thought i would share this bit of news! Bouncy

Message 15 of 19

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

result! if it contiues

Mexican Wave

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the update.

Think positive. slight_smile
Message 17 of 19

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Sorry to hear about these issues iar1980,

I shall pass on all the thoughts from this thread to see if we can improve the situation.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 18 of 19

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thought i would mention that more work is planned for the area i live in, nothing again showing on o2 status page, but clearly shows on Vodafone's network status page, this has also been confirmed by o2 customer services that works will be taking place;

Status o2.jpg

Status vodafone.jpg

Message 19 of 19