cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Simplicity Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a simplicity sim as I could get better free stuff than if taking a contract and they didn't have a phone I really wanted to take on a contract.

I was originally on 600 free mins, unlimited texts and multimedia messages taking 4 texts from my allowance and the £7.50 web bolt on which suited me.

I was looking to reduce what I was paying (obviously my first mistake) and I was given 300 free mins, Unlimited Texts and the Unlimited Web/Wi-fi Bolt on (which according to a page I found on their website is for an i-phone) for £20 a month. All fine I thought until I went online to check it had all been updated on my bill online...

Now it seems I am getting charged for sending multimedia messages where as before it would take 4 txts out of my entitlement.

Maybe its my own fault but why was I given a web/wi-fi bolt on when all I wanted was the plain and simple bolt on that is £7.50? Why have I now lost my 'free' multimedia messages when the Customer Services guy never said anything?

This is the second time o2 have buggered my 'deal' and from what I can see on their site, all their deals, contract and simplicity all charge for multimedia messages.

So much for loyalty - I can get a better deal on Orange at the moment.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
They've taken off the 4 sms = 1 mms on the new tariffs.

I've recently upgraded to the same Iphone tariff as you, it also stops the text abroad where 1 sms abroad = 4 sms from home.
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I looked at the new tariffs but decided to stay on the old Simplicity for that very reason. Always research anything new. O2 say they included unlimited texts on all the tariffs because that was one of the features that everyone wanted.
However, you cannot please everyone.
I agree that people could have been informed by the adviser if you changed tariff over the phone, but this point was widely discussed on the forum and the information can be found in the T&Cs.
Someone who posted on here did complain in writing and was put back on the old Simplicity tariff.
May work for you if you want to do that or they may refund the charges for the mms that you were charged as a gesture of goodwill.

Write to :

complaintreviewservice@o2.com

O2 Complaints Review Service

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP
More information here : How do I make a complaint?

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've recently upgraded to the same Iphone tariff as you, it also stops the text abroad where 1 sms abroad = 4 sms from home.

But I don't have an iPhone and that is annoying me as well! Why give me an iPhone tariff when I don't have one!
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I looked at the new tariffs but decided to stay on the old Simplicity for that very reason. Always research anything new. O2 say they included unlimited texts on all the tariffs because that was one of the features that everyone wanted.
However, you cannot please everyone.
I agree that people could have been informed by the adviser if you changed tariff over the phone, but this point was widely discussed on the forum and the information can be found in the T&Cs.
Someone who posted on here did complain in writing and was put back on the old Simplicity tariff.
May work for you if you want to do that or they may refund the charges for the mms that you were charged as a gesture of goodwill.
Write to : complaintreviewservice@o2.com

O2 Complaints Review Service

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP
More information here : How do I make a complaint?

Thanks for your reply.

Yes T&C's I know but this was done over the phone after the adviser saw what I was paying and told me about a very similar tariff where instead of 600mins I got 300 which I was ok with, at no time did he mention I'd lose my free multimedia messages :robotmad:

Message 5 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

But I don't have an iPhone and that is annoying me as well! Why give me an iPhone tariff when I don't have one!

I think your only viable option is to write in to see if they will change you back to your original tariff. Just state the facts in a well reasoned way without going into a rant and ask them if you can revert to your previous tariff. Time scale is around 5 days before they respond.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please do not write to the complaint review service until you have called customer service and atleast spoken to the resolution team!! Writing in is the LAST resort.

Basically your previous tariff included 500 sms AND unlimited texts - and the 4-1 ratio of MMS and roaming sms were taken from the 500 sms

The new tariffs do not include the 500 sms but are unlimited across the board - hence the difference

If this has not been explained to you, you will find most are happy to revert you to your original tariff or atleast refund the charges as a goodwill
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately I have already emailed them as I am unable to speak to them on the phone as I have all but lost my voice!! Lucky o2!

I was looking for a quick-ish resolution as I am not sending any mmm's to be charged for them.

Hope they can find a resolution as I am being offered a very good deal with Vodafone with a new phone I am interested in which o2 do not seem to be going to offer. Yes I know I will lost my loyalty but at the moment that seems to be counting for very little with them at the moment.
Message 8 of 8