Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 5G speeds vs Spusu

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10692 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

So whilst sat charging Jolteon aka the Polestar 2 at the Porsche Centre in Sheffield, I thought I would do a comparison between o2 and Spusu who are an MVNO running on EE.. 

The speeds from o2 and Spusu Shocked me in a good way 

o2 topped out at 269Mbps

Pixel Fold

madasaf1sh_0-1699017302914.png

Spusu - topped out at 504Mbps 

Galaxy Z Flip 5

madasaf1sh_1-1699017341234.png

Upload speeds on both are rubbish.. 

Not bad from Spusu and they do esims and under £10 for 20Gb of Data... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

madasaf1sh
  • 10692 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

@AlexanderMTTH 

I have experienced the delay when making calls, think it is how they have setup the network its odd, but didnt think it was a game changer

Not experienced the missed call sms's that your are getting, I have experienced that though on other networks where the phone reports a signal, but the network doesnt deliver the call. 

It might be worth reaching out to Spusu CS, they are excellent and answer in about 2 or 3 rings.. (try doing that on o2 or any other UK MNO)..

Message 11 of 13

AlexanderMTTH
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 76 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

Thank you! I've ranged them, and apparently, the SMS-no-call was due to VoLTE being active on an unsupported device. I deactivated this on the phone and then on the end, which seems to sort the problem for now. 

However, they are not aware of the delay, and they said it might be an issue with the connection. No solution was offered for that, but they took note. 

Also, this customer service is a breath of fresh air! It's such a huge difference in how problems are solved. I will not move away from them and recommend giving Spusu a chance. 

Thank you - I had no idea of this network unless you would've mentioned it. Drinks on me! 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
Message 12 of 13

madasaf1sh
  • 10692 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

@AlexanderMTTH 

I was blown away by their support as well, they are friendly, and will even call back as promised... 

So I recommend them to a lot of people as they offer a really good proposition..

Starbucks for me then 😃 

Message 13 of 13