cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 3g coverage isle of wight

Anonymous
Not applicable
i went to an o2 store and purchased an iphone 4 and was told the 3g coverage is good on the isle of wight that was the main reason i went back to o2 wink
now iv live on the island now for 3 months and the only place i can get 3g coverage aven though patchy is ryde on the opposite side of the island.
iv rang o2 emailed them no look just get told somebody will get bk to me well as you guessed it o2 never got back to me as per usual i see,
i did a little research on o2 network shareing with vodafone mast's ie the cornerstone project no website no nothing but planning permissions by both companys on chngeing mast!
my question is vodafone have a 3g mast were i live will o2 be using this mast and if so do's anyone know when i live in sandown on isle of wight
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi i live on the isle of wight aswell and the only place i could get 3g was in ryde aswell. reception around the island is pretty poor in areas so hopefully they are trying to do something
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fingers crossed they do hopefully with this so called cornerstone project there doing with vodafone we shud at least get 3G coverage I hate u2 for lying to me about there coverage but I'm stuck in bloody context now for 12 month
Message 3 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
according to the o2 webmap (12 months out of date 3g coverage is shown as poor for most of the island only ryde and cowes I think get coverage.
http://www.webmap.o2.co.uk/
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
hopefully i get a phone back from them soon as i lost mine and have been waiting for the insurance replacement for over 2weeks now its a joke, im never going to insure with them again, theres a company online that do it alot cheaper especially for iphones. what is that cornerstone project then?
Message 5 of 5