cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not valued as a customer or am I just a Victor Meldrew / Scrooge?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not a complaint more of how I like to be treated and made to feel a valued customer. I would say a valued customer is a person who has been with the company for a period of time, pays the bills no arrears and wants to stay as a customer.

My contract and service from O2 to date has been good apart from the last few days when I wnated to upgrade my phone. I was aware that I would have to make a payment for a little bit to pay the rest of my device off. No issues.

I tried chat in the evening and a very helpful person was there and made a number of interesting offers but I needed to research further, however on the hour they vanished, i presueme they shut, it was late.

I then tried again a few days later in the morning to use the chat and spoke online to a sales person. I asked as a exisiting customer could she give any incentive to stay with O2. After several offers which I could see myself from the O2 pages there was no incentive to renew. I even explained that there were better offers with other providers and that I could get cashback through a well known site which I will not mention here as this is not the purpose of the discussion. I was told that this was a 3rd party seller. Again I tried to explan that it was not. They direct you to O2 where you sign up direct with them. No 3rd party. The website then is given commission by O2 who then give you an amount back of that commission in the way of cashback. I asked for a copy of the chat and was told it would be emailed to me.. To date it has not arrived.

I then visitied my local store. Very helpful but could only offer me the same deals and no incentive to remain a customer. I thanked them for their time and went to 2 other shops. One a direct supplier like O2 the other a retail company selling various providers services. In both cases I did not tell them what I was paying at that time nor what I had been quoted. In fact when they asked me how much I wnated to pay I said nothing would be perfect but said I would like unlimited calls / texts and 5GB data on a specific phone.

Results were the direct provider was £5 a month cheaper than O2 or about 12% if my maths is correct and offered 8GB of data, notably I did not want it but the package was cheaper having 8GB than 5GB, they offered me the cheapest deal with the greater data all be it i did not need it. The other supplier was was very similar to O2.

I returned with the numbers to O2 hopeing at least they could match the prices even if not the extra data. IN response no but very sorry and genuinly apologetioc saying they had no room to go on the price. I understand. I left them my email address incase they could find a way forward. They explained to me about how top get the Pac code and I had the worng information so again in the O2 shop thank you.

I then tried to pay the outstanding amount on the hand set. The staff member contatced the customer services so I could make the payment, then apologiosed, embarrssed, looking at the phone and said they cut him off.

So do I feel valued, no not really. Is it a complaint, no its not meant to be. Do I want to change provider, not really as i have never had an issue but you would think there is some flexibility somewhere.I would just like to raise the point of being made to be felt valued go's a long way!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149395 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
The only chance of a discount from o2 is to call retentions on 202 and tell them you want to leave.
Even then it's usually only a small discount.
There's no loyalty discount that gets applied automatically and they say they offer the same deals to everyone, new or old.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11579 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions
@ richarddyer

What is your monthly bill, and how much do you spend over your contracted rate each month..

As this will then tell you how valued as a customer you are to o2.
--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 125995 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Also the Refresh scheme is only available via O2 directly. No third party seller can offer you this. I think this is one of the reasons that O2 usually refuse to price match anything you may find cheaper...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

mavericke
Level 3: Thinker
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff

I would suggest that you may want to be direct with O2 customer service, e.g. if you want to upgrade your mobile phone contract, you could get up to £100 discount off up front fee. Give them a call directly. I would avoid third party provider's as mentioned previously simply because they will not offer any refresh deals apart from O2 themselves. I have just upgraded my contract with O2 and I've managed to obtain a £100 discount on the up front fee. I think that you ought to try your luck. Give them a call not just once but many times until you are satisfied with their services.

On the other hand, I find O2 Chat is ok. In fact, I rely a lot on O2 Chat despite some negative feedback about them. 

Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 125995 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Hi @mavericke No you misunderstood my post. I was expaining to the OP @Anonymous why O2 contracts are usually more expensive than if bought from other outlets (as you can only get Refresh directly with O2) 

I am perfectly happy with the Sim Only deal I have. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

mavericke
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous Child

Ops!!! Many apologies!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried like for like but the other service provider offered me 24 month contract with more data for less. But on their network not O2. I agree in the context of the supplier who offers various providers.  you may wish to look at topcashback.co.uk they offer a cash back from buying from O2. I have used them and saved notable monies in the past. All I was hoping for was a price match or similar cash back. Not to try and beg them to keep me as a customer

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest the amount is not important. If all the small amounts left what would be left. I would say my contract is mid range. 

Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 125995 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@mavericke wrote:

@Anonymous Child

Ops!!! Many apologies!

Smiley Very Happy

No problem @mavericke wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket