cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I lost service about 4pm and after switching off 3 or four times I checked the 02 website to see if any notices about faults. When I didnt see anything obviously there, I contacted my sister who lives just a mile away and her o2 service is working. I therfore put it down to a faulty phone. It was only on delving deeper into the o2 site that I found these discussions and find that many other people are having the same problem all round the country. Why oh why have o2 not put something prominent on their website to save all the wasted time and give us some idea how long the problem is going to last??????? EJ Accrington Lancs
Message 1 of 171
170 REPLIES 170

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I'm thinking maybe it's a problem affecting a certain range of sim cards?

Message 21 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phone is a just a very good alarm clock at the moment
Message 22 of 171

Junior
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 75 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My sentiments exactly! Where's Leonard, the 'community manager' or Abs@O2 when you need them? O2... more like NO-2
Message 23 of 171

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
My apologies Perksie if that is the case, thank you for pointing that out ProjectVRD. So that means we have had no correspondence with O2 at all, if that's the case, it's a pretty appalling service. The problem seems to be country wide, it's a real shame that not one of O2's employees can give us an idea when we are likely to get back the service we are paying for.

Too many unknowns probably, location, engineers to site, parts possibly needed or back ups to complete.

Anybody's guess really, O2 won't want it down for a minute longer than necessary though.

I mean would you want to cope with this backlash, I wouldn't. slight_frown

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 24 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
totaly agree, whats going on O2? I have a Nokia Lumina 800, had no service since mid afternoon, my wifes samsung tocco lite is ok!
Message 25 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
i tried checking their site wherein i would be able to see if my area was affected. In the O2 website, it says that network coverage for my area, which is somewhere near Isleworth, has good coverage for texting and emailing and calling. But I still have no signal!! I can't use my phone

@perksie wrote:

http://status.o2.co.uk/

where all you will see is:

Message 26 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
mine and my wifes phone are next to one another here and there is signal on hers none on mine!
Message 27 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good one Junior... NO 2, I like it. I own a tshirt printing company, wonder if I printed and sold NO2 tshirts with all profits going to a good charity how many people would actually buy them. I don't usually complain but this has really got up my nose... Lovin' a good rant
Message 28 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
wow.. o2 is picky on certain numbers only...
Message 29 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in Chichester and no service either - searches for ages then nothing...
Message 30 of 171