cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I lost service about 4pm and after switching off 3 or four times I checked the 02 website to see if any notices about faults. When I didnt see anything obviously there, I contacted my sister who lives just a mile away and her o2 service is working. I therfore put it down to a faulty phone. It was only on delving deeper into the o2 site that I found these discussions and find that many other people are having the same problem all round the country. Why oh why have o2 not put something prominent on their website to save all the wasted time and give us some idea how long the problem is going to last??????? EJ Accrington Lancs
Message 1 of 171
170 REPLIES 170

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still no service here in Canterbury, Kent either!!!! for hours now........Come on 02, i cant work like this. Arghhhhhhhhhhh
Message 11 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have just seen this response and for future reference would like to know what on the home page leads me to find this service page? I had been into numerous headings from the home page but didnt find it . I even put 'service status 'in the search box and from all the other postings on this same topic its obvious that others couldnt find it easily either.
Message 12 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can O2 not even read these comments and give us an explanation in this thread... Probably too busy avoiding the complaints!!! Like the stiff upper lipped British community we are, when the system is fixed we will probably do nothing about it... Maybe we should do something about it, we all pay good money for a service and if the tables were turned I'm sure O2 wouldn't this twice about complaining to us.
Message 13 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
exactly as i said previous....if we were late with our bills we'd be charged. they fail too provide us service..we will get nothing but apology
Message 14 of 171

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

http://status.o2.co.uk/

where all you will see is:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Perksie, it doesn't really say anything different from what was put up there earlier, all you have done is recognise to us that there is a technical problem. Tell you what... I challenge you to find out when I and many more frustrated and irate people will get their service back. Now there's a challenge... Fancy picking up on the challenge?
Message 16 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve, I think Perksie is a community member, not an O2 employee. He is helping off his own back. slight_smile
Message 17 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
so true.
Message 18 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
My apologies Perksie if that is the case, thank you for pointing that out ProjectVRD. So that means we have had no correspondence with O2 at all, if that's the case, it's a pretty appalling service. The problem seems to be country wide, it's a real shame that not one of O2's employees can give us an idea when we are likely to get back the service we are paying for.
Message 19 of 171

Anonymous
Not applicable
i tried everything. turning the phone on and off. transfering the sim to another phone, wiping the simcard. I tried asking Lucy. Tried calling their service suppor - just keeps getting cut off. tried chatting. When I checked if my area has good network coverage, it keeps saying that it has good network coverage for emails, texting, and calling. But I still have no signal!!!"!

@Anonymous wrote:
I agree - they would batter us for breaching our contract with them...but they seem to do what they like and we have to whistle. Its also irritating the way o2 keep bombarding customers with stupid text messages asking us to take advantage of their wonderful bolt on's....I have found that my o2 Blackberry is as much use as a car without an engine. GRRRRR.

@Anonymous wrote:
I agree - they would batter us for breaching our contract with them...but they seem to do what they like and we have to whistle. Its also irritating the way o2 keep bombarding customers with stupid text messages asking us to take advantage of their wonderful bolt on's....I have found that my o2 Blackberry is as much use as a car without an engine. GRRRRR.
Message 20 of 171