cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lowell took over o2 debt I paid it off but now o2 want 550 deposit for a new contract?

Anonymous
Not applicable

missed my payments on my contract on O2 for a few months (lost my job and was not suitable for job seekers due to living arrangements.) So had no income at all for a little while wasnt great but these things happen.

Therefore couldnt pay the bill. 

Now I have a good income again

Lowell financial took over the contract debt they wanted £121.04 to pay off the contact all together which I have done  (07.03.13) 

I can't reconnect to the contract even though I was hoping that would be the case. 

I have had four contracts out with o2  - this was my fourth one I have been a customer for years and feel a bit down about the situation. I have given a lot of money to o2 over the year thousands.

The woman (lowell)  said she would update my credit file that I've paid the contract off so it's not defaulted ? 

If so does anyone know how long it takes to update with the credit agencies?

Today I Tried to apply for another contract with o2 but they wanted a deposit of £550.00 - seems quite high  

I have a feeling that this will be the case from now on- I really liked o2 but im thinking maybe i should tie my losses and find another phone company and try them? and see what happens?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with going with the sim only option.

What reason were you given for not being allowed to be reconnected? Unless it was a long time ago that it was done and you haven't been disconnected more than once then often you can get reconnected for a small fee.

Also, the 7th wont be enough time for the records to update that it's been settled. Normally I would have expected it to be completely declined, but would have had a better indication had you waited a few weeks before trying for a new contract.
Message 11 of 11