Did you mean: 

losss of service for four days

RodC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi folks

I'm looking for advice as to any way to get a meaningful response from network services.

First thing Wednesday morning both our phones lost service and checking the status with https://status.o2.co.uk/ showed that there were issues with a local mast.

Since then further checks later that day showed that all had supposedly been resolved but our phones still fluctuated between no service, emergency calls only and occasionally o2 uk for a matter of minutes even though I have periodically restarted one of the phones.

Over the last four days I have now posted at least six messages on the status site asking for answers and although to start with I received a standard "we are sorry ..." response I now get no response at all.

This can't be right yet there seems no way to get past it and no other route.

Given that the status site reports normal service it would seem that not all customers relying on that mast are affected.

In our case we are using two identical model phones which are suffering exactly the same issue.

I realise that things are very difficult for everybody at the moment. But in this case we have missed urgent deliveries by not being able to be contacted and are completely out of contact except for email.

If anybody knows of a way to get some sort of proper update I'd be really most grateful.

thanks in advance

Rod

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Only the advice in my guide https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/b...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 6

RodC
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the response, I had already followed those steps except for "other o2 users"

I checked a postcode map and found a post code 300m away.

checked the coverage map for us and that post code which showed as the same and relying on the same mast.

checked the network status for that postcode which reported "Sorry, a phone mast close to you isn't working.Looks like a phone mast near to you isn't working as it should, sorry. Our engineers are on the case and making progress but your service might come and go until we fix it. We'll update you by Friday 5th February 2021."

whilst our postcode still reported "Our network is currently working fine"

So looks like we may be without cover for up to 10 days. If the status site was reporting the right answer I could have signed up for updates - which I have now - based on the alternative postcode and saved myself a lot of wasted time over the last few days.

Very frustrating but thanks for your input.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@O2Georgina or @O2Ellie may be able to help you @RodC 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

No problem and I hope that the issue is resolved soon just remember that access to the site might delay things depending on its location . 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 6

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 .

@RodC  I will send you a private message so we can look in to this for you

signature
Message 6 of 6