cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insurance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive alays had o2 insurace been with them for years and never had a problem untill recently, my phone was in a case dropped it didnt think noting of it at first untill i come to use it i found that the LCD in my phone had gone, at this time i had more important things going on in my family (fam members dying and losing limbs) at the time i used an old phone as i needed something quick when i finally got round to ringing the insurance they then declined my insurance due to me not ringing with in the first two weeks of my phone being "offline" as they call it.

I explained the situaltion and they was having non of it they did not offer me a repair either so im paying for a Samsng S7 Edge that i canot use and also i asked them to cancle my insurance, i have just looked and they havent cancled any thing so im paying £12.50 for absolutly nothing!

They also told me they would not do any thng unless i paid £270! this i do not have i cant even cancel my contract so im able to get new phone i even  said id carry on paying the monthy installment of £30, there is 3 of us in my household that are on O2 and have been loyal customers for years but this doesnt seem to matter to O2 seem to me their just intrested in reeling new customers in!!!!

im disgusted at this and lots of people who i have spoken too didnt know that you had to ring up within two weeks of your phone breaking!! maybe O2 should shout this out as well as up and coming prices so peole know this!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Unfortunatly it is all covered in the t&C

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/finance-and-insurance

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You can always make a complaint if you wish
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Very sorry for the circumstances surrounding your late claim but any insurance company will do their utmost to reject claims. You handed it to them on a plate unfortunately. 

As for insurance cancellation you do need to give 30 days notice hence the final premium payment. 

Have you checked if your home insurance covers you for personal item? If so I would suggest you rethink the date the phone was damaged. 

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

oh yes i know that now as ive read the contract for insurance but people i spoke to non of them are awear of this,  what im saying is maybe they should put this in bold writing or when selling you the insurance, there quick enough boasting how good the insurance is which im not doubting but think O2 should put it in BOLD writting that you have two weeks within the phone being off line or when selling the insurace they should state this to you.

Message 5 of 5