cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

im not recieving calls or texts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phone has recently stopped recieving calls and texts, i dont know if people are recieving my texts because if their to text me back i wont recieve it. what can i do?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you rebooted?
Take the SIM out and give it a clean.
Is the message centre number in text settings correct?
Try customer services maybe?
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Me neither! I can call out & send texts but nothing back?
Done the sim 'dusting' etc., Forced a reset of network, tried the sim in another phone but not sure what to try next.
O2 signal was off Sat/Sun up here but back on now... just not sure it's back on right :womanindifferent:
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Further trial and error gives me this...
If I go into Wireless & Networks and select Mobile Network with a tick, the phone connects to the internet for all my other pages i.e. weather, Facebook, news etc., but I don’t get incoming calls or texts (I can make outgoing calls & texts though)?
If I don’t click that button I don’t get updates etc., but I do get calls and texts!
In Mobile Networks I have enable always-on mobile data ticked... is that wrong?
EDIT:
Another day another 50 minutes on the phone to O2..... they don't sell the HD yet so seem to struggle with settings advice - they insist it's try a new sim first 😞

Tried HTC live chat and they sent a list of APN settings 'for O2' but although they seem different they haven't made any difference to the phones condition - internet or calls and text, never the 2 any more.
Tried the text '2020 Active' text for new settings but it failed and they said to phone customer services :robotindifferent:
Any O2 HD users out there..... any other thoughts? Anybody care to share the correct settings for the Desire HD?
Thanks,
Message 4 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
is this on 2g or 3g ?
3g handles data and calls at the same time but 2g can only do calls or data not both at the same time.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good question, I'm always learning with these phones, I don't actually know :robotsurprised:
I'm in the Highlands of Scotland, my phone normally shows a G with 2 arrows and if I go up to Fort William (nearest biggest place) it shows an H
Now I've switched off the mobile network it just shows the bars, no letter.
But up until the network went down for the last weekend it worked flawlessly so from what you say, the G must be the right one to do both?
The phone has had so many swops of sims etc that I think it's either just a settings thing or the mast on the hill behind us hasn't been repared properly? Unfortunately I can't get the right settings from anywhere 😞
Message 6 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I would check the phone manual for symbol but 2g data is GPRS and edge 3G data would use the h for or just 3G
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The manual says G is GPRS which has always worked before - doing both - I've never seen 3G anywhere up here! Maybe it's a big city thing?
Still stumped and waiting for a new sim card from O2 before they'll check anything else.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
New sim card made no difference... surprise surprise, got settings for HTC Desire off a great post on these forums (hope they are the same for HD) but still no further on.
Also got confirmation about only Vodafone working both on 2G, BUT it worked before the mast went down????????
Message 9 of 9