Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone lost then found but blacklisted

RIE-114
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am posting this for anyone else who finds themselves in a similar situation.

- I lost my phone on Tuesday so reported it lost to o2 and claimed on external insurance

- Wednesday morning new sim arrived in the post

- Wednesday afternoon phone was miraculously found so I immediately informed o2 and insurance company

- Thursday handset is with courier for delivery, but insurance company mange to cancel the delivery and cancel my claim.
- Friday contact o2 as sim still not connecting. They reactivate my sim and will ring back in 1 hour. I try my sim in my friend’s handset and it works, proving it’s actually the phone that is the issue. I go into phone settings (general, about, network) and indeed it says “phone not allowed” indicating the IMEI has been blacklisted. When o2 call back in an hour as promised, the advisor puts in a request to remove blacklisting and I’m told to wait 24 hrs

- Saturday still no network on phone so I ring o2 again. Again they submit a request to remove blacklist and tell me to wait 24 hrs

- Sunday phone is STILL not working. I look on CheckMend and phone is still blacklisted. I email the insurance company to ask if there is anything they can do from their end

- Tuesday my phone is now working. I do not know if it is something the insurance company did or whether the “24 hours” needs to be business hours (therefore Fri afternoon & Saturday calls would have a delay)

I hope someone finds this helpful.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Thanks for the info.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10558 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@RIE-114 

It will be the insurance company, as they will be running through their processes as they will request the blacklists to be removed from all the networks at the same time... and you probably hit the weekend..

Glad its all sorted.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 124127 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Interesting post @RIE-114 

Thanks for letting us know.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

RIE-114
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You are correct. I heard back from the insurance company this afternoon that it was their fraud department that lifted the blacklisting.

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Excellent news for you @RIE-114 ! 👍

Message 6 of 6