cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone launches are becoming quiet

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand from previous years that on this forum there has been crazy activity around each iPhone launch.

Well I was around this community for the 6S & hardly anything happened. Well the launch for the SE has been non existent 

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
What pre release info thing lmao...
Message 31 of 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93983 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 32 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@viridis wrote:
I was in an apple store on se release day.... Not busy at all.

How can you "launch" a 3 year old device ?

Unsurprising enough (as we in Retentions talk about a lot around about the time) .. the recent iPhone release dates haven't been as busy as they used to be... few years ago.. we'd all try to book it off as it would have been manic.. of late... same old same old day as usual.

From what I know, other companies are ironically in the same situation over it as well - iPhones just don't sell like they used to in the past - I mean don't get me wrong.. they sell on their own accord.. but not like they did years ago -- it's (as the OP title says) becoming quieter.

Message 33 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 125977 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

That showed on here at the last iPhone launch in September. We produced a large FAQ sheet in preparation of it being as busy as previous 'manic' launches. We rarely had to use it. Certainly not as expected and booking a holiday didn't need to feature in any of our plans...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 43

MI5
  • 149380 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
It's all a re-hash of the same old stuff at the moment.
Until someone comes up with the next groundbreaking feature they are all the same.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 35 of 43

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@gindygoo, I'll look into it! slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 36 of 43

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@Toby lol so you understood what I meant?

@viridis for the life of me I cannot remember the name of the scheme, but you have to agree not to discuss it with others as it's privileged pre-release info on tech. For instance the Sony VR capability might've been disclosed to this group before being generally released to the public.... Arghhhhh I've got brain block lol!

When/if it comes back to me I'll let u know..Or I might just check myself into a psych ward, because I'm clearly having delusional memories of a non existent top secret tech scheme for O2 community members 😂
Message 37 of 43

MI5
  • 149380 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Trailblazers fgs wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 38 of 43

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@gindygoo

I'm referring to launch events in general :).

We were lucky enough to invite a select few to certain event last year as they were using the devices' previous version. If and when we get the chance to reserve spots for any events this year, I shall do my very best to offer them here on the community as before slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 39 of 43

jonsie
  • 93983 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions