cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone launches are becoming quiet

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand from previous years that on this forum there has been crazy activity around each iPhone launch.

Well I was around this community for the 6S & hardly anything happened. Well the launch for the SE has been non existent 

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I'll probably fall for it as I like the 4 inch form factor, as many do. I don't really watch many videos on my phone and love being able to use a phone one-handed. Many 'mini' versions of handsets are often poorly specced (with the exception of the now defunct Sony Z Compact series). Quite refreshing to see a small phone with good specs, wish they'd refreshed the design a bit though!
Message 11 of 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93984 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or as some have said on Social Media... Apple have finally run out of ways to sell us the same product... and in doing so they're taking a step backwards.

Message 13 of 43

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3417 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Many companies release slightly lesser handsets based on the flagship models. O thought lg v10 would have more advertising. It seems not.
Indubitably true. Samsung S21 Ultra and Xiaomi 14 Ultra
Message 14 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated It's not a slightly lesser handset. They have taken old technology & put it in a smaller old casing & marketing it as a brand new product while keeping it at flagship premium prices 

Message 15 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@anticpated It's not a slightly lesser handset. They have taken old technology & put it in a smaller old casing & marketing it as a brand new product while keeping it at flagship premium prices 

I have to disagree with that last point, because I think they will attract new customers with what is a more realistic price for an entry level product (by Apple's standards anyway). It's a quirky design though, because the specs are impressive, and are only let down by the quality of the screen. But if it had been available this time last year, I think I might have stayed with Apple a bit longer.

Message 16 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

The writing's on the wall maybe?  wink

For the whole industry it seems:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0331/778579-growth-in-smartphone-sales/

Message 17 of 43

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Sammy_boy wrote:
Many 'mini' versions of handsets are often poorly specced (with the exception of the now defunct Sony Z Compact series).

I'd wait til IFA in autumn tbh.... Although the Z series is finished, compact flagship is definitely not.. 

Message 18 of 43

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I was in an apple store on se release day.... Not busy at all.
Message 19 of 43

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149384 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I was in an apple store on se release day.... Not busy at all.

How can you "launch" a 3 year old device ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 20 of 43