cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iFitness charges on bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just recently notice 2 weekly charges on my bill for £3 that say iFitness. I have never subscribed to this so called app or service and after sending a text "stop bfitness" to 80206, I have been unsubscribed. How did this get activated anyways? How do I recover the £6 that I have been conned out of? 

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Gary66 Some people have had the cost refunded by O2 so try giving them a call and see if it works for you http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too. I have just noticed the £3 charge on my phone bill. 

I have called o2 and they have credited the £3 and are looking into getting this stopped. The lady was really nice and said that she has had a few calls like this. She said if it appears again let them know and they will look into it further. 

Julie x

Message 12 of 45

MI5
  • 144087 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Follow the advice to contact iFitness directly yourself otherwise the charges will continue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just come to know that I have been charged £78 which was charged to my account on 24 occasions since December!

I have been going to an from the o2 shop and I have enquired over these charges and I was told that I signed up to the app. I was basically treated like I must have signed up to this.

I absolutely did not sign up to this app and I have never heard of it. Also I went through my phone and there is no evidence of this app on my phone. I am really unhappy with o2 for not putting in enough measures to ensure that as a customer we are not being scammed with multiple charges!

I am really upset about this and 02 only reimbursed £6.00 out of the £78.00 I am owed back.

Message 14 of 45

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

You must contact them directly (ifitness) or the regulator paid services authority http://psauthority.org.uk o2 have done all they can 

http://mobilechargesupport.com/faqs 

And the advice link from above in this thread  https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 15 of 45

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Call the company and politely ask them to remove your number and to please refund all subscriptions. Apart from that there is little else you can do until the regulators get a grip on these type of scams by fining them huge sums and stopping them trading. 

Message 16 of 45

MI5
  • 144087 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It's something that O2 could take the lead on though by offering a 2 step verification process for anything that requests account charges such as this.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 45

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Yes that would be a good way round it and groundbreaking for the industry. 

Message 18 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It's something that O2 could take the lead on though by offering a 2 step verification process for anything that requests account charges such as this.......

Excellent idea @MI5 Now when do we think this could/would be implemented? tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 45

MI5
  • 144087 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
erm...... like never !!!!

Currently using:
Message 20 of 45