cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i still received payment reminder notice even though I cancelled and return before cooling off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi all

I hope O2 take notice. I was offer a deal by O2, says it was a free phone + pay & go.

I agreed and when i got the confirmation email, it was a 24 months contract. 

I call o2 straight away to cancel, done.

the phone still schedule to delier to my house, i rejected it, done.

I chat with O2 telling them i rejected the phone, ask them to cancel it, done.

I still receive email about the new contract, i chat with them again and they say ignore it. done.

O2 ask me to cancel the direct debit just in case, ok, done.

I check my O2 account, the new contract still there, i call them up, they check the warehouse and confirm the phone just return, ask me not to worry because it is before cooling off period. i thought everything is settle.

Few days later, my O2 account only have my main line. finally i thought.

after a month, today, i received mail in my doorstep, tell me if i don't pay the remaining amount, they will contact debt collection agency and will affect my credit rating.

whats wrong with you O2 !!!!

I cancelled more than 5 times for the same account that i never use, i return it within 14 days, you confirmed everything is fine, you still want me to pay!!!

please sort this out, fast.  

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Ignore live chat and ring o2 only this way will you resolve the issue 

We are all customers here and nobody from o2 will respond directly here.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Ignore live chat and ring o2 only this way will you resolve the issue 

We are all customers here and nobody from o2 will respond directly here.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

You may wish to make a complaint here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Hopefully you and they have kept records of everything ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's not unusual and it will sort itself out eventually.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous O2 does not monitor this site. It is for customer to customer. Please call customer service http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This sounds like the standard o2 process of messing up. Hopefully sorted now but live chat just tell you what you want to hear. Keep a record of everything and make a formal complaint so you can refer to it if necessary.

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi all,
i started this post after i received the mail (payment warning) at my doorstep and after my call was being drop during music on hold with O2 ( 202 ) number.
honestly i am frustrated cause O2 call me up to con me into this contract, and problems for this account never ends.

Just to make things clear, I was a long time O2 user, was very happy with O2 until a tele-sales guy from O2 rings my mobile and says there is an offer for me cause i am such a loyal customer.
He says O2 will give me a free Phone (Galaxy J5), together with pay and go monthly sim.
He assures me i can cancel within 14 days , and he assures me is not a monthly contract.
I even ask him to call me back tomorrow cause i am busy, just to make sure he didn't call me for fun.
All my colleagues raise eyebrow, couldn't believe O2 offer such a good deal to existing customer.

Next day, same guy call me again, offering the same deal, I finally accepted it thinking why not.
email confirmation come in few minutes later after hanging up the phone, and it stated 24 months monthly mobile contract with Samsung Galaxy J5 (free). From then on, my misery started.

Anyway, i chat with Soni from O2 today, a new guy just started 4 days ago, he was very helpful, he confirm O2 has mistakenly charged me for something i didn't use. He send in a request to waive the charges in my cancelled account. he sents an email confirming the account will be 0 charge after 7-14 days. the best thing is, he assures me that my issue will be solve, and i don't have to contact O2 for this matter again.

I keeping my hope high this time (again).

Just sharing my experience, hope it helps someone here.

Chatting or calling seems to give same result, i tried both many times.

regards
Jove

Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well I certainly hope it's sorted now @Anonymous. I suggest you keep checking though. You have been assured of this before so I hope everything has been done correctly this time

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Guess what, after i thought O2 settle everything, i received an email saying now I owe £5.87 (instead of £8.53) for the same account that i cancelled. I formally send an email to complaintreviewservice@o2.com to complaint. @Anonymous.com to complaint.

Yesterday I was promised Zero charge to this number and yet it get new charge for no reason. 

I will leave O2 completely after this, is just too much dragging too long, wasting my time.

regards

Jove

Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions