cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i change internet settings from wi-fi only so i can use my phone while out

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive got a galaxy fame but cant use whatsapp when im out only when im home with wi-fi i have data to use but cant figure how to change settings from wi-fi only if anyone knows how i would be very grateful thank you! 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
From the homescreen press menu >settings >reset application defaults.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Turn mobile data on or off

• Slide your finger down the display starting from the top edge of your phone.
  • Press Mobile data to turn the function on or off.

To turn WiFi off

Go to settings>WiFi>tick off

Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23532 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

This is a link to your user manual. Probably wouldn't hurt to read it.

http://www.samsung.com/levant/consumer/mobile-phones/mobile-phones/smart-phones/GT-S6810PWAMID-suppo...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
As long as mobile data is turned on your phone will switch automatically between wifi and phone data when you go in and out of wifi range.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a thought but do you have a 2g or 3g signal when out?

If your signal is only 2g then whatsapp may struggle to function due to weak Internet signal.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have 3g, ive clicked when going to open something via internet open via Wi-Fi only so I can't use anything while out just when I'm home with my Wi-Fi and I can't work out how to change it back
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
From the homescreen press menu >settings >reset application defaults.
Message 7 of 7