cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

handset advice

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I am after some advice - my other half currently has the HTC One M8 ( old I know but hes not really into phones) and I am looking to replace it with a new one for Xmas.

Now the reason he likes the M8 is cos its pretty sturdy. Hes pretty heavy- handed and its used for work so is liable to get knocked about in his line of work.

I am looking for recommendations for something similar - hes not bothered about having the latest phone but needs something that will be practical and durable.

Anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122350 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousVery much personal preference really. The shop has two HTC devices available. Not sure if they meet your needs https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/#brand=htc&sort=content.sorting.featured&page=1

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks so much for your quick reply. I will definately take a look at those slight_smile
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Phones are a very personal thing and in all honesty, I would not appreciate someone buying for me unless I had heavily hinted at the one I wanted.
I'd try and get some ideas from him as to what he likes, like what his friends, colleagues have etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I did think about whether he would like me choosing a phone for him... hes not really 'into' phones and only uses one cos he has to - most of the time it is sat on the side.
Its only the fact that the M8 has almost given up the ghost that I thought it may be a decent present idea.

I think you are right- I shall have to delve a bit deeper!
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122350 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Then you certainly need to ask (or delve a bit deeper) @Anonymous

Last night I told my son that I was thinking of buying him a new phone for a joint christmas/birthday present. It was expensive. He said no thanks Mum.... you can buy me a flight to Goa instead!!

(I might add the flight to Goa is a lot cheaper than the phone I was planning to buy)  Hero Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous! Let us know if you decide on a handset in the end!

& welcome to our community! grin

Message 7 of 7