cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed AVS and CV2 check

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently attempted to buy an iphone on pay monthly but failed due to giving the wrong address (I have 2 addresses) to the one linked to my debit card. Does anyone know how long I have to wait before I can try again (with the corect address)?? I understand that o2 are concerned about fraud but wish that the sales people would mention that you need to give the address where the card is registered!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94099 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
You can try again as soon as you like but O2 may want prof of address so it may be as well going to your local store with your passport or driving licence and a couple of utility bills.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can try again as soon as you like but O2 may want prof of address so it may be as well going to your local store with your passport or driving licence and a couple of utility bills.

But I thought the stores have no discretion! Dont they just enter the application details and then get a yes or no based on on the information provided?? I did actually try 2 days later (with the correct addrress) and was declined again and was told to email o2 credit refferals which i did. They replied to me today and just said that I had failed the AVS and CV2 check (which I knew) and didnt give any other advice. All o2 say is to contact credit referrals which I have done!
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 94099 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
If you failed the credit check again with the correct details I would consider getting a copy of your credit file. All credit checks will have an effect on your credit score. The length of time you have lived at the address to which your debit card is linked will also have a bearing. If the credit referral time cannot help you it may be a fruitless exercise to try again.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you failed the credit check again with the correct details I would consider getting a copy of your credit file. All credit checks will have an effect on your credit score. The length of time you have lived at the address to which your debit card is linked will also have a bearing. If the credit referral time cannot help you it may be a fruitless exercise to try again.

But the reason I failed the second time is because i had already provided wrong details in the past. o2 Credit refferals have told me that. There is nothing wrong with my credit rating and o2 themselves say that it is only the AVS and CV2 checks which I failed which are related to the address details not matching with my debit card. i cant believe that a simple mistake could exclude me permanantly from phone ownership!?!?
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 94099 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Well if your credit score is OK I would have thought supplying proof of address would be sufficient for them to approve your application, thats how it works normally.
Although from others posting on the forum, it seems O2 are very strict on applications and if they are rigid on their process, there seems little point in appealing the decision.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Doesn't AVS and CV2 mean that as well as the address, the 'card security' details were incorrect?
Also, I remember reading on here that if your application to join fails, any further attempts in the next 30 days will automatically fail?
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
As it has failed at the ID check, you will have to apply after 30 days. Once it has failed at that point once, then for security reasons, it will continue to do so. It hasn't got to the point of the credit check, it runs the ID check first, then the credit check.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks for the advice. I guess I will try again after 30 days!
Message 9 of 9