Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail 'O2 Wifi -Please verify your e-mail'

kt53
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had this message a number of times over past few weeks but I'm not going to click on any links.

The link is to https://captive.o2wifi.co.uk/signup which I'm assuming is a phishing exercise or worse.  Can anybody confirm or quash my suspicions?

I can still access this site with all my current credentials.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7443 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@kt53 wrote:

I've had this message a number of times over past few weeks but I'm not going to click on any links.

The link is to https://captive.o2wifi.co.uk/signup which I'm assuming is a phishing exercise or worse.  Can anybody confirm or quash my suspicions?

I can still access this site with all my current credentials.

I have just tried to open that link and I am getting a "page not found" message. 

Hence, I suggest that you do not click on it - my attempt was on an old PC that I keep for that purpose ! 👍  

Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10600 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Oxonian @kt53 

That link is a valid domain, and is owned and managed by o2 Tech Ops and is provided from o2's NS 

Think you need to be connected to the o2 wifi service for it to work, as it looks for data provided by the o2 wifi network..

Also you will have connected to an o2 wifi hotspot and your phone number is passed as authentication.. 

But the messages are genuine....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7443 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

That makes sense @madasaf1sh as I thought that visually it looked like a legitimate O2 domain. 

I shall test it on Friday in Caffe Nero. 😀 

Message 4 of 5

kt53
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.  That makes perfect sense now.  I did log into an O2 hotspot.

Message 5 of 5