cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data allowance gone in days but not used!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Contract bundle renewed on 8th of feb, got message on 14th saying nearly used sll my data allowance ul!

I started contract on 500mb but as I use phone for work emails upped to 1gb so didnt go over....ever!

Has anybody else had technical issues like this, have spoken with some guru online still waiting for 'technical' department to contact me back!

Annoying thing is I bet they say I gone over as I did 'try' to send some images via email, but they all sat in outbox, so in my eyes if they sit in outboc they NEVER sent!
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is The Xperia S on ICS or above?

If so, go to Settings then click Data Usage to find out exactly what has used all your data.

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

What phone do you have? Do you have the right bolt on ie idata, bb or standard? Were you using mobile data downloading or uploading big files or apps, did you have any apps open or still running, apps searching for your location

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sony xperia s phone. Yes right bolton like said I started off with 500mb which was enough but I occasionally used satnav so upped to 1gb. I use WiFi whenever at home or in tesco stores so that helps usage. Its just this one off when I did try to email some photo taken on phone, understand they large files but when the email sat in outbox n never went dont see how u can say ive used data... It wasnt used if email never sent!?
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93982 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

If they are sat in the outbox they will be continually be trying to be sent.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed that so cancelled them, again not sent so cant use data, plus usually if I enter wifi area it sends for me any other email. Coincidentally this issue has only happened same time as the dodgy listening in on other peoples calls in west midlanda area, so I wonder if my data has been used by someone else with o2 technical messup, yet another one! Anybody remember the no signal for how long ladt year?
Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23989 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

You need to keep your mobile data switched off when you're not using it. If left on, it will update apps in the background, or keep trying to send mail, as has already happened to you. When you're at home, just use your WiFi connection.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is The Xperia S on ICS or above?

If so, go to Settings then click Data Usage to find out exactly what has used all your data.

Message 7 of 7