Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**** customer service

Stevoc19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Anybody else really sick of the extremely poor service and excuses from O2?

If you read up on what 4G speeds should be I've seen posts of anywhere between 14mbs and 100mbs, but seemingly 1mbs from O2 is acceptable levels of service.

Their network maps are pointless blue screens. No way is my 4G great indoors and out

Inside, don't even try, outside in my own garden, try a simple Google search and it's like being back in the days of dial up. Their own network speed test fails to run the connection is that poor.

Customer service simply say all our masts are working. Switch the phone off, as if I've never tried that one! Appalling delays to even get that response, it's been 24 hours and I've had 3 replies to my questions, despite it saying then aim to reply within 10 minutes once the conversation started.

Just curious as to anyone else's experience with this. I'm certainly leaving as soon as my contract allows.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions
HI @Stevoc19

I've had a few issues with o2 in the past 15 odd years, and everything has usually been sorted out in a timely fashion.

Signal Strength is not guaranteed and all networks coverage checkers are based on computer simulations. Also the speeds for 4G can be affected by many things such as distance from mast, contention on that mast, obstructions between the mast and your location, speed of the backbone from the mast back to the core network.

o2 don't offer any SLA's on data speed or minimum speed guarantees im afraid, and to be honest i know some people who would be happy with 1Mbps internet access.

Best thing to do is download the My o2 network app, and report it as not working, but their maybe very little they can do to speed it up.

Best thing to do is get some free PAYG sim cards from the other network operators (not GiffGaff, Sky or Tesco as they use o2) and see if there is any different and then get a PAC code and transfer out.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

Stevoc19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks @madasaf1sh. Appreciate they don't have SLAs but in this day and age to not even be able to google in your own back garden is appalling. My next door neighbor can watch Netflix on 4G sat next to me so it is purely down to O2 capacity or technology. (He is with Vodafone). I'll be switching as soon as I can, there's no support or loyalty recognition with O2.
Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions
@Stevoc19

Its also down to different bands of frequency and also how far you are away from the o2 mast your phone is connected to.

Unfortunately, mobile networks like banks, and insurance companies don't really do loyalty anymore everyone is treated the same.

If you want support then i would also recommend calling up, rather than rely on Live Chat.. trust me you think o2 can be poor in your experience try talking to Virgin Media 🙂
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4