cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cheers o2 for sending me the wrong phone !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why is it that when ordering a new phone the sales patter is sooo helpful, promises of prompt delivery, and that software is included, then the order arrives late, is completely the wrong phone, did`nt have any software with that one so will it be with the correct phone and if not why not, and why does this happen when the urgency of the replacement is made very clear - the result being one fuming customer still with no phone which is more urgently needed by the day and who will be an ex-customer if the right phone is`nt delivered tomorrow even if they have to get someone from their shop to drive it to me, and they can collect the horrible thing they sent by mistake cos I am not using my diesel and my time to traipse miles to post the thing back :robotmad:

Not a happy bunny o2, not happy at all.....
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a question.......being a human yourself, have you never made a mistake? Have you never in your life bought the wrong shade of toilet paper for your bathroom and felt the wrath of your wife?

We all make mistakes, computers do too in fact, so why not just accept the situation for what it is, realise that by getting emotional about this will only affect you and your health.

Now.........if they would have sent you the Xperia X1 by mistake, I would have used my petrol to collect it!!!
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
We all make mistakes, computers do too in fact.

No, computers do exactly what they've been programmed to... Any mistakes, or which there are many, are made by the humans that programmed them wink

I agree thought that the OP should not have to incur any cost or travel to return the incorrect handset... it's O2's responsibility to correct this and its not difficult to send a courier to uplift the wrongly sent one.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have never felt the wrath of a wife because the last time i was married it was to a bloke...

It`s one thing making a mistake, its quite another not accepting responsibility for that mistake and at this moment causing a customer to be on the phone for two and a half hours being passed from pillar to post, being spoken over by unbelievably rude staff, being blamed for the error - hello, it was the sales bloke who put the wrong model down and that was with he and I having the same o2 web page open going through the specs of the one he should have input at the time, and then this morning several staff saying it`s my fault for accepting the phone - I didn`t sign for it for a start, I am not the only one living at my address !!! and I don`t know many postmen who hang around waiting for people to open packages to make sure the contents are correct, besides which packages cant be opened anyway until they have been signed for so even if it had been me signing for it I still would`nt have known it was the wrong phone until after taking possession of the package so how the sales bloke inputting the wrong model makes it my fault I really don`t know :mansurprised:

Finally after having had enough I told them to put me through to the sales dept - to be told they would`nt be able to do anything, , and finally lo and behold she does put me through, I finally got to speak to a manager who has promised that indeed he can sort it out, so if the first person I spoke to this morning had just done as I asked and put me through to that department in the first place...

As for getting emotional about it, having a replacement phone has been a matter of urgency. And nope I can`t call people I need to reach urgently because the numbers are on my kapputt phone and yep I did the back-up onto my pc but guess what - the file type is`nt recognised so I cant open the damned file to access numbers.

So yes it`s got me tearing my hair out, all because a sales guy was careless and put in the wrong model number, followed by after sales personnel having an attitude of apparently considering customers as being a plague on their existence
😞
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you saintchris23 for understanding my pov, believe me, someone showing some understanding has just gone a long way to helping me de-stress after two and a half hours battling with o2, thank you slight_smile
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you saintchris23 for understanding my pov, believe me, someone showing some understanding has just gone a long way to helping me de-stress after two and a half hours battling with o2, thank you slight_smile

Ha, I'm just an optimist and a pragmatist at the same time I'm afraid! I do understand your pov, I really do. I've suffered at the hands of BT in the past and actually threw their equipment out of my window while they were on the phone and told them to pick it up without my signature!

My only point was that we all make mistakes. As for people being rude, I've been so lucky with o2 that I've only ever dealt with wicked people. Being a bloke and salesman at that, I always find banter goes a long way to getting the right result!

Good luck with your new phone and don't get upset about the wrong shade of toilet paper in the future!!

grin
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sooooo, I was promised a call back at 3pm.
3pm came and went.
No call
So I phoned them again at 5pm.
No one there able to deal with it...
So now got to wait yet another day, and have yet more texts backing up on my kapputt phone which I cant read nor respond to.

This situation and lack of action by o2 is a damned disgrace, I wish I`d never heard of o2 :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad:
Message 7 of 10

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Contact o2 and ask to speak to the manager on the floor, or contact the complaints department.

They should be able to sort your problem out.

sorry you are not having much luck and i do hope it all works out soon for you
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
In a similar vein, I have found them very unhelpful with trying to replace a knackered phone.
I rang them to tell them my current phone has 2 faults - predictive text has stopped working, and now the screen is losing all colour and detail (practically whiting out completely).
I was told that due to the nature of the fault I would get a "doorstep exchange", where they would send a courier with a new phone and it would be swapped for my broken phone. I simply had to wait for an email with the instructions.

The instructions duly came. Totally different. Said that I had to post my broken phone back for attempted repair. It gave me a Freepost address, but then said that if sent that way I would have no cover if it didn't turn up their end so recommended I send it by Special Delivery (at my own expense, needless to say!). Said it would take 2 days for it to arrive, another 5-6 days for them to decide if it was repairable or needed a replacement, then another 2 days for the new one to come out.

So - 10 days without a phone!! 10 days I am paying for a service I can't use because they have my phone.

What the hell happened to my doorstep exchange?

I had no less than 5 emails from them in one day on this matter, most of which contradicted the previous one, but none of which referred to a new phone simply being sent out to me.

Grrrrrr.
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Contact o2 and ask to speak to the manager on the floor, or contact the complaints department.
They should be able to sort your problem out.
sorry you are not having much luck and i do hope it all works out soon for you

Hi darrengf, right from the start after the first few people on customer service were clearly unable , to resolve anything, , I did ask to speak to a manager, but oddly it appeared every time I said to put me through to one there were no managers available, not one, not in any departments apparently....

Finally on the call where I demanded to be put through to the department they said would`nt be able to help, I got to speak to that dept manager - that`s the one who promised the 3pm call back that never happened, a miscommunication between him and the person who was supposed to call back apparently.

So on Friday when I started the phone - on-hold - redial - on hold - be passed from pillar to post routine again, I finally got a call back from a supervisor who said I could`nt have my phone til I sent back the incorrect one or they would take the money for the wrong phone as well as the correct one - erm, I don`t think so !!!!!

They took my money, they sent the wrong phone, they breached the part of the contract regarding a promised within-48-hour delivery of the correct phone, kept me waiting two days for any kind of answers, blamed me for accepting the wrong phone from the postie, , threatened to charge me for both phones, , and tried to hold the correct phone to ransom.

On the Thursday incidentally the manager that morning promised to get the right phone sent out, the 3pm call was supposed to be confirmation that it had been done, and under the promised 24 hour delivery for orders processed before 4pm I should have received it on Friday - except Friday was when I was told it had not been sent and would`nt be until I sent the other one to them.

So much for the doorstep exchange I was previously told would be done - but was later told is not something they can do - but if I could drive to the nearest town, pay a fortune for parking, then walk a couple of miles to the nearest o2 shop, they could get them to give me the right phone from their stock...

If going into town were`nt a logistical nightmare I would have gone there in the first place, ordering over the phone was supposed to save me that expense and aggro :womanindifferent:

So on the Friday the supervisor tells me she was prepared to trust me, , and that it was ok to use the wrong phone til the new one arrived - after I had been told previously that if I used it I would have to pay for that phone too.

She said she would process it immediately to get the right phone to me - that was around half seven in the morning on Friday - and she said it would take 3 to 5 working days to get to me - so much for next working day delivery for orders done before 4pm then...

I was also promised a £5 credit would be put on my sim to make up for all the national rate calls from my landline - no sign of that yet either, it`s probably in the twilight zone with my phone, wonder if either will turn up while it`s still 2008....

The first time I asked for a manager, if I`d pretended it was to compliment o2, I wonder how many managers would have been available...
Message 10 of 10