cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

breach of confidence??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has any one else used the help chat box provided by o2? i reccently used it and had a issue with the chat opperrator, is it normal for them to copy and paste from another another chat window into mine?? the information copied and pasted was his name and the 2nd and 5th letters of his secrect question. it also mentioned that it was his wifes maiden name.

now that seems like a slip up to me but when i asked about the issue getting adressed. the manager at the time replied with... I'll take **** and get him removed form the company for the mistake he has done" now is that really the stance of such a company as o2??

now this worries me alot and when brought up with o2 today they brushed over it and made no effort to answer  my concerns..  when i didnt feel the person i spoke to today could help me any further with my concerns and I asked to speak with a manager, i was put on hold for a few seconds then asked "what am i trying to gain?" but spoken in a way that sounded like they thought i was trying to get some disscount or something.Im not trying to gain anything, all i wanted to do was highlight a concern. i never got the chance to speak to the manager and still feel let down and unsure about my infomation being shared openly.

anyone else have a similar problem or issure

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That's a new one, they tell us they're always trying to improve security, but that just sounds like a genuine mistake.

The CSA will probably be sent for a bit more training.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It shouldn't happen but sounds like a genuine error. Even with the tightest security measures in place you can't compensate for human error.

Monumental blunder though and I expect the person responsible will certainly have been taken to task about it.

Message 3 of 4

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Copy n paste is probably one of the greatest software utilities ever. And also one of the most lethal. I do it a lot and sometimes in a unix command line, its not a good idea. Really not if the lines starts with rm wink 

I agree, sounds like a genuine error as the CS operative was being pushed to answer a lot of queries simultaneously but you're right to raise it as a concern. Though probably better in writing rather than by phone as they're not really geared into dealing with this type of concern. No disrespect to o2 CS in that regards but it is off the beaten track. I'm sure there is a way to block c+p between windows for this type of activity which o2 can look into implementing as a security upgrade.

Message 4 of 4