cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best mobie

Anonymous
Not applicable

the ultimate post!: Which is the best phone out there?

i'm stil bein a tight fisted *#@#* at mo. am stil on 'pay as you go' with a lame phone.but after constant micky takin from mates and missus, lookin to go to contract. but everyone has serious bias towards certain phones!Don't know

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Despite me wanting to say "Samsung" "Sony" "HTC" it really will come down to personal choice, usage, price etc.
Have a play with a few different phones in stores then come back and ask some more specific questions and we'll give an unbiased opinion..... Honestly wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the forum

I'm primarily an iPhone user but after reviewing both Android phones and Windows phones I like them too.

So really it's down to wants and needs.

I ways suggest aching with demo models at the high street stores to check them out.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ref contracts and Payg

If you have the disposable income to buy your phone outright which can also mean no waiting game for the network to release firmwares.

Then stay on payg or go sim free.

Remember the phone really isn't free on contract. It's price is factored into the monthly contract fee. wink
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would say either the Samsung galaxy S5 or the HTC m8. ..

But me myself I'm using a Samsung galaxy s5 and I love everything about it..

wink
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

the ultimate post!: Which is the best phone out there?

i'm stil bein a tight fisted *#@#* at mo. am stil on 'pay as you go' with a lame phone.but after constant micky takin from mates and missus, lookin to go to contract. but everyone has serious bias towards certain phones!Don't know

@Anonymous Don't let anyone pressurise you into "keeping up with the Jones's". Think carefully what you want a phone for and if your present phone does all you need it to do and you are happy with it then why change?  Phones are too expensive and too sophisticated to even consider getting one just to impress your friends and family. If you ask around for recommendations you will just become totally confused because believe me THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE BEST PHONE OUT THERE!   If you really want to get a new phone then try to narrow done your options to perhaps 4 or 5 models then go to a website such as CNET.CO.UK where you will get lots of well researched reviews, including video reviews, that will give you a better idea of the strong points and weaknesses of each product.

Good luck - and do let us know what you finally opt for.

Gerry

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Every phone has its plus and minus points. For example I have a Note 3 and I love it but others might have a different view.

I.e. plus point for me is the 5.7in screen but for many that is too big.

I.e. Being top of the range makes it a pricey piece of kit. But someone else might choose to purchase a cheaper handset.

I.e. I prefer Android but @Anonymous keeps trying to get me to move to the darkside and go for Apple (sorry BoB it ain't happening lol 😆)

So the reality is the phone needs to provide the service YOU NEED. And only you can decide.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since you asked the question moving from pay as you go to a contract must entirely be based on your needs. I personally wouldn't and if I know that there will be some time when I don't need the phone I can decide. Freedom is one thing which pay as you go gives you. You can buy any of the smart phones ( if you are in the lookout for one) with decent specs depending on how much you wanna spend every month or buy a phone and still be on pay as you go. So the reality is that you need to be realistic than try to impress family and friends
Message 8 of 9

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

If you're looking at the cheaper phones then you could get a Blackberry Z10 at CPW SIM Free for £199 and then a SIM only contract. Otherwise also look at last years phones, there are some good deals on Android and Windows phones to be had. In the end it's all a matter of your own personal preference and usage case.

As others have suggested go into a store and check out working models to see which suits you best.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 9 of 9