cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autostart

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a Motorola mobile on PAYG which I turn off at night but every morning at 0830 it starts automatically. 😐 A local 02 shop could not help. Any clues? Thanks.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you an alarm time set ?
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you an alarm time set ?

Thanks for replying 02MACH02. The alarm is disabled and a guy at the local 02 shop is baffled. He checked the mobile and couldn't come up with a solution.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just in case it had anything to do with it, I enabled the alarm for 0830, turned off the mobile and waited this morning for any change. Nothing. It turned itself on as usual at 0830 and the alarm didn't work.
Come to think of it, as far as I am aware, when you set the alarm you have to leave the mobile ON otherwise the alarm won't work. This applies to ALL mobiles? Can anybody confirm I am right?
Unknown forces at work? Hmmm...I am beginning to think that the mobile has developed a fault...internal bleeding? grin I've had it at least three years and the daily automatic start at precisely 0830 began only about 4 weeks ago.
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Come to think of it, as far as I am aware, when you set the alarm you have to leave the mobile ON otherwise the alarm won't work. This applies to ALL mobiles? Can anybody confirm I am right?

No, that's why I suggested it. My Elm switches itself on if the alarm is set.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, that's why I suggested it. My Elm switches itself on if the alarm is set.

Thanks for clarifying 02MACH02.
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know some Phones you can set like recuring events on the calander, could be that, or some phones let you set a timmer that changes the Phones Profile, silent e.t.c at certain times.
If not then maybe contact Motorola
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know some Phones you can set like recuring events on the calander, could be that, or some phones let you set a timmer that changes the Phones Profile, silent e.t.c at certain times.
If not then maybe contact Motorola

Thanks for trying Ashley. I have this minute contacted Motorola. I'll report back when I get a reply.
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
These are the instructions I have received from Motorola:
To perform a Master Reset to your phone you should follow the instructions below:
- Press the Menu Button and scroll down to Settings.
- Press Select and scroll down until you find Initial Set Up
- Press Select and scroll down to find Master Reset.
- Press Select. It will ask for a Security Code. Enter 000000 (6X0) and press OK.
-Your phone should switch Off and then On automatically.
A Master Reset will not delete any information (phone numbers, ring tones, pictures etc) which are stored on your phone. However, you will find that your settings will reset to their default options.

I will know if it has done the trick tomorrow morning.
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
It worked!!! grin
Message 10 of 10