cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

....and again!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone, my mum who is in her sixties has been paying these absolute con artists for TWO YEARS! £25ish a month for a very basic package and NO HANDSET! She was told if she kept her old handset she could get a discount on her bills. Well all that was fine by her as she didn't realise how it worked. Now that her two years are up, she signed up again!! This time they've sent her a Sony Experia and no micro sim so she can't even use it. Her mobile data on her existing sim has now been turned off by the company so she is currently paying £25 a month for a minuscule amount of texts, calls and to look at her shiny new (useless) handset. Aerial are only open mon-fri between working hours so I can't call them but feel so wretched that my poor old mum is paying for a business contract that she can't even use!
Does anyone know if I can do anything about this? She has been under the impression that she's an O2 customer as that's how they've framed it all and even their promo material says "welcome to O2 in partnership with aerial direct". She's been had! Please help us
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If you go to an O2 shop they will transfer her mobile number and tariff to the correct sized SIM card. The account holder will need to go with ID

Speak to O2 Customer Services. 8002 for Business about her account and data although she should really be On a consumer tariff.

Message 2 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125963 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  What an absolutely disgraceful state of affairs! I would hope, given enough feedback that Aerial could be put out of business.(or at the very least, change its shoddy business practices slight_frown

I think @Toby (Community Coordinator) needs to be made aware of this post.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks both! I will probably just get her signed up with a new provider entirely and box the experia up to take back to Aerial. I'm passing gosport on Monday and considering a trip down there!
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're Welcome.

I assume she's in the cooling off period ? Please check. It's normally 7 days.

If she's over 7 days they most probably won't cancel the contract.

This may help -> http://www.aerial-telephones.co.uk/aerial/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Aerial-Contract-Terms-and-condi...
Message 5 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 125963 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Best of luck @Anonymous 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's one of those common names again isn't it...
Message 7 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125963 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
It's one of those common names again isn't it...

Yes another Aerial rip off....Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bit of a mess this one...but I think I understood what happened:

His mom got a phone call 2 years ago and signed for a sim only business deal with aerial.Now that the 2 years contract ended she got another phone call and they renewed the contract,not on sim only,but on a business plan with an experia, and the OP wants to take it back.

Comments: you have 7 days from when the package was signed for. If you are going there in person take your mother as she is the account holder and you need her to cancel the contract.

Good luck,and let us know how you got on:smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

no worries @Cleoriff ,it wasn't aimed at you in particular.Was just trying to clarify what was relevant in this case...

Message 10 of 16