Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero communication

jtuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I ordered iPhone 5s 32gb gold on Friday. Since then after initial confirmation of upgrade have heard nothing from O2 in regards to probable delivery date. In myo2 status remains as "in progress".
Reading various forums this appears to be where most if us are.
As the grey one seems more available I called O2 (& after seeing the gold in Apple store - it is not a very exciting look - would have worked better with black body) to ask if I can change colour. They said only after cancelling initial order and placing a new one. It is a simple thing for them to do but they want you to do it all.. It took half an hour to place the initial order. It would take the O2 person on the phi minutes but they want you to do all the work.
So I decided to stay with my first order as cancelling and placing a new order would put one to the end of the queue and possibly would not receive phone for another 6 weeks.
It us a farce. Why sell something you don't have? Why not give loyal customers honest information? We would stay more loyal if there was transparency but now they leave you in the dark with no idea when you will receive your phone although they have your £££.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We see this at every iphone launch. Most modern stock control systems are live and reduce when a phone is ordered. It should show instantly if an item is in or out of stock when the order is placed. Not sure why the need for a process which tells you days later that an item is not in stock.

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We see this at every iphone launch. Most modern stock control systems are live and reduce when a phone is ordered. It should show instantly if an item is in or out of stock when the order is placed. Not sure why the need for a process which tells you days later that an item is not in stock.

Message 2 of 4

jtuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Last time I was able to upgrade in store and walk out with the phone on launch day! Why not delay launch if you have zero supplies as was the case this time?
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Just wrote:
Last time I was able to upgrade in store and walk out with the phone on launch day! Why not delay launch if you have zero supplies as was the case this time?

Because they are a business who wants the iphone orders and customers remaining on contracts with them.

I however agree with you.

They should really do what Apple are currently doing and saying its October.

Message 4 of 4