cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst customer service ever

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had my phone stole in Benidorm recently and as soon as I returned home I reported it. During this time someone had racked up £588 in call charges. O2 want nothing to do with it and just want me to pay the money. Itemised billing shows every number called was to Spanish numbers. I am a U.K. Citizen. My o2 app shows the phone being used to make the calls was an iphone5c. My phone was an iPhone 6s. No calls from the time I had it stolen made to the uk at all. Surely even the worlds dumbest people would realise this wasn't me racking up this bill. But no one cares. Nobody has even asked me about the circumstances. Shocking
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It is your responsibility to report the loss immediately and certainly within 24 hours to limit your liability.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/m-p/1...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It is your responsibility to report the loss immediately and certainly within 24 hours to limit your liability.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/m-p/1...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It doesn't matter what numbers were phoned and when, as far as O2 are concerned the phone was in your possession and it's usage was your responsibility until it was reported stolen. Not sure why you waited tbh. 

Message 3 of 5

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

hello @Anonymous

We are sorry to hear about your problem.

Don't forget you can always use How to complain: "If you have a problem you may find the quickest way to get the answers you need is online. O2 service teams are in the best position to deal with your complaint and should be the first people you contact. You can contact them by web chat, phone, or letter."

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 4 of 5

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Anonymous

Im really sorry to hear what's happened as it can't be nice.

I know it's a little late now,  but the first thing I ever do when I get a new contract or SIM card is set a new sim pin.

then even if they were to pinch your phone and place the sim in another handset, it would only allow them 3 attempts to guess the pin before it's locked.

but I'm afraid the others are correct.  You are 100% responsible for the charges and reporting it straight away.😔  Probably not what you want to hear though.

If you get you new o2 sim and phone, make sure they are both set with PIN numbers etc.  And always report anything lost etc as soon as possible.

did you also report it to the police and if you have insurance, have you spoke to them, however they may also take the same view as o2 and if you didn't report it to the police, they would not even insure or replace it too.

good luck though and hope you sort it out.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 5 of 5