cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wonder if anyone can shed a little light on my problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive handed my blackberry torch into o2 shop to be sent for repair. Now my question is about the problem with the phone.
The screen wont work. The keypad and call/hangup lights were working. Was recieving texts and calls but obviously couldnt see as the screens not working. Im pretty sure i need a new lcd screen. Now questions.
Do you think theyll fix this or is it going to be classed as to expesive to fix or classed as water damaged? Which it most certainly isnt that. 110%.
So has this happened to anyone before? If so was it fixed ect?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
15 views no reply? Cant be only one to have/had this problem.
Message 2 of 10

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
You posted at Crackerjack time.
Its difficult to tell what they'll say. First they will check that the white strips haven't been activated by moisture. If so, its "water damage" and maybe from humidity and they may not go any further. If it is just the lcd then it shouldn't cost you anything providing it is a manufacturing defect and not one arisen from dropping.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cant they say its been dropped even though it hasnt? Ive dropped it a few times but not recently tbh. If they dont fix it im sure i can get some sort of replacement as its a business contract. guy in shop said id have to pay 12 for replacement and further 12 ontop every month as ive got a promotinal at the time business contract. No insurence , not fixed not replaced = direct debit canceled. Orless they replace it. Id even take a bold or a curve replacement tbf.
Message 4 of 10

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Thats the problem - even though you have dropped it in the past it could be latent damage that manifests itself later. A small crack on the pcb and a few sliding actions later, it gets bigger and breaks the contacts.
Not sure on what your business contract/insurance covers you for but you'll need to review the contract/policy. Though be warned, cancelling your DD will mean you are in breach of contract as you are effectively paying for the sim not the phone (yes I know you are but its in the T&C's).
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah i know, black listed ect. But 90% of the time people take a contract for the phone, theres noway im carrying on with my contract with a poor poor phone. Getting a blackberry was the reason i took it. The guy in o2 shop sai they will fix it and send it back within 7 to 10 days, but im expecting the good old water damage excuse.
My mate had the same problem with tmobile. When he said heres your broken phone im away to cancel my DD they offered him a replacement. Or even small claims court, citezens advice ect, surely going to make them smooth you over lol. Obviously ideally they send it back and fix it. If not im not sure what ill do 😞
Message 6 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Sorry to butt in but under no circumstances should you cancel your DD however justified you feel. It will give you problems for years and affect your life and home address.
Take sheepdogs advice. Wait till the repairers contact you and take it from there, it's no good worrying about something that may never happen wink
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haha true mate, i am the worrying type! Not good.
Cheers for the replys guys, one more question for you lol.
If they refuse to fix it. I have no insurence but with business contract its a years warranty. So do you think they will give me a replacement (o2 shop that is)? If not then what can i do? What would you do even 😐 lol
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
What you should do is wait until you hear from them, rather than worry about what might or might not happen.
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
True mate. But im a worrier haha! Its so not good lol!
Just after all the posts ive seen about anovo. Im expecting water damage or accidental damage.
See if they dont fix it, What shall i do, or will o2 sort me out with a replacement? Business contract only 5 months in from 24 months. ha
Message 10 of 10