Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

There are no compatibility issues running 7 on one laptop and 10 on the other. I did the same thing before updating the drivers on my main laptop. Honestly, give it a go, you can always revert to 7 again.

At present I am not running any laptop as BT internet is down.Evil If I was using a pc however...I  currently have no time at all to get used to Win 10...so no interest in trying..even if I could. Come on BT GET this blue light back on!! Lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Ps...I have just rebooted the damn router so am now back on with a blue light beaming at me....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 25

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:
I  currently have no time at all to get used to Win 10...so no interest in trying..even if I could. 

There is nothing to get used to - the layout and settings etc are very similar to Win7.

Win7 will also become obsolete before 10 so at some point you will run the risk of becoming vunerable to security attacks like all those people running XP machines on a network now (and no free upgrade for them).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:
I  currently have no time at all to get used to Win 10...so no interest in trying..even if I could. 

There is nothing to get used to - the layout and settings etc are very similar to Win7.

Win7 will also become obsolete before 10 so at some point you will run the risk of becoming vunerable to security attacks like all those people running XP machines on a network now (and no free upgrade for them).

I know I know I know...I have Ray rattling away in my ear about exactly that...so let's put this to bed for once and all. When I go to Spain in June I will bring that laptop back to the UK...they can both be done at the same time. I know how I learn stuff and having one running one system and the the other running a different one is not something I PERSONALLY am comfortable with....so by the end of June both will be upgraded to 10....I hope all those 'worrying on my behalf' are happy now? LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 25

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just make sure you do it before July 29th tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Just make sure you do it before July 29th tongue

I KNOW THE DATE!!!..... Evil LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 25

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No need to shout......!

Currently using:
Message 17 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
No need to shout......!

No need to keep nagging then......I am stressed enough without Mr Majestic adding to it..Pffftttt!! Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 25

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I've only your best interests at heart slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 19 of 25

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

If there is anybody still running Vista LOL or XP then here's a link for Win7 which is a little cheaper than an equivalent paid for version of Win10.

https://itdiscounts.co.uk/shop/software/windows-7-ultimate-64-bit/?ct=t(Windows_7_Ultimate_20165_2_2...

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 20 of 25