cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Data Abroad bolt on cover usage on Cruise ship?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know if a data bolt on can be used when roaming on a cruise ship? I understand it will be slow but having access to my emails when in the middle of the ocean will be beneficial. The o2 information shows it will cost £8 per MB without a bolt on so the £50 bolt on would save £350!

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
The bolt on will only apply when you are reach of a phone network that has a data roaming agreement with O2

I suspect when out to sea you are reliant on whatever system the ship uses. You would need to contact the cruise company
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
the data roaming bolton should work with no problems whatsoever, providing you have added it at least 24 hrs before you leave the uk.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
As Dave said you would need to check with your cruise liner as they often have their own way of charging.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would also urge you to check with cruise company as network access is extremly unpredictable, sometimes you pick up ships own network, others dependent on whatever country you are close too. I found I really couldn't use my mobile much onboard cruise ship I was on but was fine when we were docked or close to land.
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93343 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Cruise ships have their own data tariff aand you need to check with the cruise line. Just go to their website and use the contact us link or give them a call.

Their data charges are much more expensive than normal roaming.
Message 6 of 6