Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why so difficult to solicit a refund?

Rob_B
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having been a customer service trainer, I suspect the answer is obvious.  However, here goes!  Why is it so difficult to ask for any type of refund.  There seems to be no simple, direct, one/two click solution on the O2 site.  The chatbot is far too limited/narrow on its options/responses - I tried!
It should take minimal effort to create a 3 or 4 window webform and load it to a CONSPICUOUS place on the front page:  A/C No & customer name; nature of refund; amount claimed; reason. "SIMPLES!" as the meerkat says..

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11260 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Rob_B 

You just need to call o2 on 0800 902 0217 and they can process the refund for you, if one is due.. 

These things are more complicated than just a webform, it needs to be encrypted, put into a format a CRM and Finance team can accept and access, then pull through your details, then it needs to be decided if a refund is due or not... so quicker to speak to someone

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 7

Rob_B
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks madasaf1sh
I have helped design these systems and so many organisations use them.  They are NOT as complicated as you suggest.  All the back office processes you mention are readily available and in use by many other organisations. AND I tried the phone AND the chatbot - unsuccessfully.

Message 3 of 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7764 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

@Rob_B O2 are in the process of moving everybody to a new CRM. The fact they aren't there after nearly two years speaks volumes. 

Looks like there maybe a job opportunity 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

O2 are the market leaders in making the easiest of things as complicated as possible.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 7

Rob_B
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That explains a lot… as for the job: thanks but no thanks… software PMs have turned ‘a complex issue that only we can solve’  into an art form. Why fís a problem or upload a system that actually is fit for purpose from day 1 when you’ve got a lucrative maintenance contract?

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8900 Posts
  • 200 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Rob_B 

I suspect that fear of fraud is one reason that O2 have not implemented something along the lines of your suggestion. 

Cost will be the other reason. A tiny proportion of O2's customers probably ever claim a refund, so the view is probably that the funds are better off spent on the network, customer service, executive pay or dividends for shareholders.  

Message 7 of 7