cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is contact with O2 impossible? For over a year I have the same problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is there no way I can send an email with my problem, and a get a return email with a Ticket Number, and just wait for an answer?

Always, previously when I check, chat is always busy, try later.

There is a phone call option, where I am supposed to sit and queue on the phone for 30 minutes?

Queue for 30 minutes in todays world? seriously... we have time for that?

Why can I not setup Auto-Top Up?

On every device I try on, I get the same message when processing the card payment.

Same as I got over a year ago. Same as I got before that.

So, I cant use Auto Topup. I have to keep logging in to check my balance.

This is the message, i get regardless of using a laptop, or a tablet, or any browser.

I've got a new laptop since I last tried, and still the same problem.

Something's gone wrong....

DeleteLowBalanceTopup: The operation has timed out at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at AutoTopupWS.AutoTopup.DeleteAutoTopupO2(String userid, String msisdn) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\o2\76ab49d5\e3e36e46\App_WebReferences.3.cs:line 434 at Helper.DeleteLowBalanceTopup(String UserID, String MSISDN) in s:\Builds\1002\MiPay\O2 UK\Sources\Projects\O2 UK\O2\App_Code\Helper.cs:line 252
Payments Powered by Mi-Pay Ltd

Do O2 care at all about customer service?
I cancelled my monthly contract about 3 years ago with O2 because customer service was so bad.
It hasnt improved I see.
You just cannot get through to anyone in a easy way. I dont even want an instant reply. Why can you not provide an email facility for Customer Service? And why cant you resolve auto-top up.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125987 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

This is a customer to customer forum and no-one from O2 will see your message here. You will need to contact O2 to get your issues resolved and it is best to speak to someone. 202 for contract 4445 for PAYG. Ring about 8.30am in the morning. Best time to speak to someone...

As a matter of interest, what type of card are you trying to use to Auto TopUp

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

omg, this is so frustrating. So O2 dont read the forums they host either.

I am trying to auto topup using mastercard.

It works ok on the topup option. I just think its easier to have auto topup enabled, than having to log in and enter card details every time, but it just doesnt work.

I know for sure i wont be coming back on a monthly contract. The customer service was the last straw 3 years ago. Just didnt want to change my PAYG.

Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 125987 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

To be honest I have no idea why you can't activate auto top up as stated here which is really why you need to speak to customer services.This is what it says in the topping up section...

3. Auto Top-Up

To get started, sign in to your My O2 account and activate auto top-up.

You can then set a regular day or date to top up your mobile, with a specific amount of money. You can even set top-ups to activate when you're low on credit. We'll take care of the rest and you can cancel at any time.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-and-go/topping-up

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

jonsie
  • 93989 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

It seems to be the way of things these days at O2. Can't get through on the phone, no email, chat links and website broken. We can only hope for an improvement when Three take over.

The only suggestion I can make is call early morning...

Message 5 of 13

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Another customer thinking of leaving because of the terrible palava when trying to contact cs...

How long does this have to go on for, before O2 fix up and provide an adequate cs contact route?

This happens daily, multiple times....

@Anonymous somebody needs to be feeding this back to the powers that be!

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
It's another part of the website that has been broken for a long time.
Whilst O2 don't actively monitor the forums there are admin and managers employed by O2 to feedback anything that we can't help with.
@Marjo and @Toby are Managers, although Toby is currently on holiday and @Anonymous is our admin coordinator.
You can message any of them for further assistance if you wish to do so.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep impossible.

On the reverse side of their bills it says 'How to talk to us' - 'By PHone call us on the number on the front'  There is no number on the front.  And this is suppossed to be a COMMUNICATIONS company. Absolutely ridiculous.

Message 8 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 125987 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I haven't had a bill for ages as I view all my usage via MyO2 so I can't really comment on the bill and missing phone/.contact number. It does sound a bit silly though to say the least Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 13