cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is O2 incapable of progressing a more complex query?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is O2 incapable of progressing a more complex query? I have on several occasions tried to sort out a problem created by O2 since my daughter started paying for her own phone. When this happened a good while back O2 accepted her billing information but also continued to bill me. when I spotted this is stoped further payments (O2 now owe me hundreds of pounds for the double charging) I received a letter from a debt recovery agency demanding the @£30 due on the account. As I no longer run this account ( Which is clear from the fact that O2 now have my daughter's contact info logged) I cannot progress any further with clearing this issue and I cannot be in the same place as my dsughter to clear this up (we live 190 miles apart).

It is obvious that even though O2 have told me they have disconnected the phone (untrue as my daughter still uses it) they still cannot do anything over the phone as I cannot access the account. The last time I tried the rep cut me off.

In the mean time their 'debt recovery agent ( Moorcroft Debt Recovery continue to demand the balance from me and have misinterpreted the email I sent, asking me for proof of the payment that I submitted (which did not occur)

Anyone got any ideas as to how to actually speak with someone not hardwired into O2's ridiculous low cost attempt at customer service?

Matt

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

All contact details are in "Contact us" at the foot of the page.

Only the account holder can gain access to their account details for security reasons.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Escalate it to complaints http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
It sounds to me like your daughter had a new account and they failed to terminate the original one in your name. I guess this is what they are chasing payment for.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3