cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why have prices doubled overnight?!?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been keeping an eye on the Blackberry Torch and have recorded the price of the phone on various tariffs across different networks so I can work out my cheapest route. However on looking at o2's tariffs again tonight, the cost of the phone has doubled.
On o2's 24 month contract,
Yesterday : Today
£149.........£284.94
£89..........£182.81
£59..........£121.53
Free.........£90.89
Blackberry Bonus
£149.........£284.98
£99..........£203.23
I know the price of VAT has went up by 2.5% but some of those prices are well over 50% increase!!
Anyone know why the sudden increase virtually overnight?
o2 are shooting themselves in the foot as their competitors are all an awful lot cheaper than that.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Couldn't beleive it when I saw the price increase, I'm about to upgrade to the HTC HD7 next week and it has jumped from FREE to £101.11, while the other Window 7 Phones on other networks are still Free and the tariffs are similar to O2.
So I send them a email asking about the sudden increase, hopefully I'll have a respone in the morning.
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I could understand it if o2's competitors has suddenly put their prices up but if anything there prices have went down in some price plans.
For instance:
3's Internet Texter 500 phone went from £49 to Free, Vodafones went from £49 to Free whereas the o2's equivalent went from £59 to £121.53.
Crazy. Looks like I'll be jumping ship I'm afraid.
Message 3 of 15

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
This happens every so often on the o2 site with no real reason. Leave it for a few days and it seems to correct.
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
This happens every so often on the o2 site with no real reason. Leave it for a few days and it seems to correct.

Oh yes! This has happened before.

The website and those responsible are O2's achilles heel.
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.
I've been looking in to buying various kitchen appliances and have compiled a kind of spreadsheet to see who offered the most competitive price for the lot and noticed these prices tend to rise and fall every few days. It must be supply and demand that causes it. Incidentally worst culpritis are Argos as these prices change on a daily basis by up to £50 at a time!!
Anyway I'm digressing, I've never noticed it before with the figures I have for the Torch from any of the networks but I'll keep an eye on it.
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.
I've been looking in to buying various kitchen appliances and have compiled a kind of spreadsheet to see who offered the most competitive price for the lot and noticed these prices tend to rise and fall every few days. It must be supply and demand that causes it. Incidentally worst culpritis are Argos as these prices change on a daily basis by up to £50 at a time!!
Anyway I'm digressing, I've never noticed it before with the figures I have for the Torch from any of the networks but I'll keep an eye on it.

I would always talk to a human when it comes to O2, the website is full of too many anomalies, particularly when it comes to addresses and credit checks.
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
these handsets were on offer over the christmas period and have now gone back to thier original prices
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
these handsets were on offer over the christmas period and have now gone back to thier original prices

I have just spent some time comparing prices on Vodafone and it seems to me that O2 are shockingly expensive for Blackberry and once again they are offering poor value for money.

We have had this before with Blackberry's on O2 and there are threads from around February/March 2010 that will confirm this. Previously, the Blackberry deals suddenly dropped in line with the other networks.
I have believed for some time now that O2 needs to get real when it comes to pricing.
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am looking to upgrade to a BlackBerry Torch or Bold when my contract expires in February and I had noticed these huge increases this week. I think that the rates for upgrades are lower, but still more than i had been expecting. I still want to get my BB through O2, but does O2 still want my business?
Message 10 of 15