cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why have prices doubled overnight?!?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been keeping an eye on the Blackberry Torch and have recorded the price of the phone on various tariffs across different networks so I can work out my cheapest route. However on looking at o2's tariffs again tonight, the cost of the phone has doubled.
On o2's 24 month contract,
Yesterday : Today
£149.........£284.94
£89..........£182.81
£59..........£121.53
Free.........£90.89
Blackberry Bonus
£149.........£284.98
£99..........£203.23
I know the price of VAT has went up by 2.5% but some of those prices are well over 50% increase!!
Anyone know why the sudden increase virtually overnight?
o2 are shooting themselves in the foot as their competitors are all an awful lot cheaper than that.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3322 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
I'd recommend Vodafone - the network is excellent for BB which is why I went with them. I also have an o2 contract (non BB). Not to mention at the time, the o2 deals were way more and poor value. Getting an accurate usage of your allowance from VF is pitiful (days behind) compared to o2 as updates are quick.
But I digress, when it comes to upgrade time ring retentions up and see what they offer. By then they may have realised the effect of the rises!
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
The website and those responsible are O2's achilles heel.

And O2 Insure... grin
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
At the weekend I "abandoned" O2 and went for a Bold 9780 from Vodafone. The phone is excellent but it is going back. The tariff I secured was a special offer but would more suited to a higher user than myself.
Also, here in Leeds, the Vodefone 3G network is inferior to O2's and is quite patchy in the city centre, at least on a BlackBerry.
I spoke to a couple of people at O2 last night and it seems that deals and offers on phones are constantly changing and I now think that the current rates on BlackBerrys are not permanent. I have now decided to wait a couple of months until I can get a deal that favours me from O2.
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
At the weekend I "abandoned" O2 and went for a Bold 9780 from Vodafone. The phone is excellent but it is going back. The tariff I secured was a special offer but would more suited to a higher user than myself.
Also, here in Leeds, the Vodefone 3G network is inferior to O2's and is quite patchy in the city centre, at least on a BlackBerry.
I spoke to a couple of people at O2 last night and it seems that deals and offers on phones are constantly changing and I now think that the current rates on BlackBerrys are not permanent. I have now decided to wait a couple of months until I can get a deal that favours me from O2.

That's pretty much what we are saying. O2 inflate their prices then seem to drop them to the "going rate" then claim it is a special offer. Tedious!
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems like they have went back down to even less than what they were previously grin
Message 15 of 15